I need to cover my Scamp for Winter - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2021, 03:04 PM   #21

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
I live in upstate NYS just south of Buffalo, NY in what is called "ski country" on the local TV station's weather reports. None of the dealers here cover their new and used RVs. We have lots of travel trailers sitting all winter long in RV parks around here that are not covered. You see lots of both travel trailers and motorhomes sitting outside beside houses that are not covered. In fact it is a rarity to see one covered around here!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:00 PM   #22

Name: Carl
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
I live in a condo so don't have many cover options. I bought a cover for the Canadian winter, something like this 3 years ago and is still holding up with some wear and tear. It did tear in one spot which I patched with material it came with and spray 77 glue. I can't find the actual one I bought, but that one looks similar.

I know with kayaks you need to cover them in the winter because with freezing and thawing cycles you can get cracks in the kayak from ice expanding. I would think for fiberglass trailers there may be a risk of this also.
Yellow Boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 05:54 AM   #23

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Boler View Post
I live in a condo so don't have many cover options. I bought a cover for the Canadian winter, something like this 3 years ago and is still holding up with some wear and tear. It did tear in one spot which I patched with material it came with and spray 77 glue. I can't find the actual one I bought, but that one looks similar.

I know with kayaks you need to cover them in the winter because with freezing and thawing cycles you can get cracks in the kayak from ice expanding. I would think for fiberglass trailers there may be a risk of this also.

Depending of if you do anything in the winter with it, how about putting it totally inside. A lot of fair grounds around here have winter storage for campers inside their buildings they don't have any need for in the winter. And generally the fee is pretty reasonable. But you have to deliver it on a specific day and pick it up on a specific day and have no access to it in the mean time.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:45 PM   #24

Name: Carl
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Interesting idea. But I get 'free' parking at my condo and I want to do some work on the interior during the winter. I'd love to have a place inside to work on it though.
Yellow Boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:00 AM   #25

Name: Jason
Trailer: Scamp
California
13" cover fits the 16' scamp

I needed one as well, so last year I got this one. First I ordered the 16' one and it fit like an oversized diaper - horrible. Being amazon, I figured what the heck.. and ordered the 13'. Fits like a GLOVE and I have a rack with solar on top.

Classic Accessories Over Drive PolyPRO3 Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailer Cover, Fits 11' - 13' Trailers (80-295-153101-RT)
More information: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHX2I4A...ing=UTF8&psc=1

When I purchased it, the price was $131.69... now there are some 3rd party options for $299... global shipping nightmare I guess. I don't have snow where I am, but in the pouring rain, this thing worked extremely well and it keeps the bird **** and tree sap off my fiberglass.

Hope this helps
Jason
jbodenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 12:08 AM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: 2013 13' Scamp
Maine
Classic Accessories

We have used this for 3 winters in Maine, going on our 4th. It covers our 13' Scamp fine. This model comes with a lifetime warranty.

We add a tarp and bungees to cover the battery, propane, and hitch separately.

https://classicaccessories.com/catal...s/category/13/

Classic Accessories is out of stock, but if you Google the SKU (80-407-141001-RT) , there are stores selling this for ~$150
MrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:45 AM   #27

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
We have used this for 3 winters in Maine, going on our 4th. It covers our 13' Scamp fine. This model comes with a lifetime warranty.
https://classicaccessories.com/catal...s/category/13/

Classic Accessories is out of stock, but if you Google the SKU (80-407-141001-RT) , there are stores selling this for ~$150
Interesting. The Home Depot listing for that model includes pictures and videos that I can't find on the CLASSIC Accessories web site and links to two other larger cover sizes.

Looking at the CLASSIC Accessories web site, I can't find the items that Home Depot lists. That leads me to think that Home Depot is just reselling those covers and that they, too, might not be available.

Scanning the CLASSIC Accessories web site, I wonder if the covers that they make for the Forest River R-Pods would fit our Scamps and Casitas.

I think that my Calmark cover has several years left in it but it's always good to keep my eye out for the inevitable day when I might need to replace it.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #28

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
I have a pole barn that I normally store a boat, two collector cars and the trailer. I lost my Airstream this past Spring, the delivery on the new Scamp that I ordered was two years, so I started filling the trailer space with junk that will be removed during city wide cleanup this Spring. Then I was able to purchase a used Scamp which will sit outside for this one winter. The used Scamp came with a cover, that I chose not to use.

Tags
scamp