Ideas for Hole Where Stovetop Used to Be... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
See... you get different opinions and all have value. I have a completely different opinion than Rene... and we're both "right." I'd say.. make your trailer exactly the way you want it, it's yours. BUT, take the stove out (if that's what you desire) and store it. Don't throw it away. Make the counter space to fit you and your needs... perhaps like what Vickie did? IF and when you decide to sell, offer the trailler as you've made it for yourself. IF it doesn't sell for the price you have in mind.. put the stove back in and test it so you can honestly say "propane stove that works." At any rate, offer the new buyers... the stove.

YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Donna is very wise! That's exactly what I did--kept everything I removed.
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #23

Name: Alli
Trailer: 1974 Boler
British Columbia
though i do appreciate your opinion rene, we still don't want that darn stovetop in there!
re comments by donna and vickie, that is exactly what we thought as well - we have boxed and labeled the stovetop incase we ever do sell and it is wanted. with that said, we are treating our boler as we have our home: do whatever the heck we want cause its ours! we are fairly unconcerned about resale at this point. we aren't 'restoring' our girl, we are giving her some character and making her suit our family's camping needs. i'm still monkeying around with the countertop btw, will post pics of what i end up doing once i'm done!
BCAlli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #24

Registry
Can't wait to see it!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #25

British Columbia
we decided to go with something like you did vickie - though i'm sure my job of doing so will end up looking wacky (i seem to have a 'knack for wack' if you will; what seems like it should be the simplest of things to complete normally will end up looking wonky. oh well!!) my husband has taken out the sink and now i've got room to spruce up the top. i intend to make use of some gravol/sandy paint stuff and sparkle. we shall see what i get up to and how much damage control we need do later! HA!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #26

Registry
You'll do great! I tend to work the same way! Half the time is spent----ah----shall we say-----" reworking" my boo- boos!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #27

Name: Rene
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 truck camper
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCAlli View Post
though i do appreciate your opinion rene, we still don't want that darn stovetop in there!
re comments by donna and vickie, that is exactly what we thought as well - we have boxed and labeled the stovetop incase we ever do sell and it is wanted. with that said, we are treating our boler as we have our home: do whatever the heck we want cause its ours! we are fairly unconcerned about resale at this point. we aren't 'restoring' our girl, we are giving her some character and making her suit our family's camping needs. i'm still monkeying around with the countertop btw, will post pics of what i end up doing once i'm done!
Glad you are keeping the stove on hand if needed. You are certainly free to do as you wish. Just thought I would let you know that others may not be so enthusiastic with your choices. I am turning an upper bunk in my boler into a storage cabinet. I think its a good idea for me but I can just imagine what a family with 3 children might think (been there). So I am keeping the bunk boards and mattress on hand and making my alteration non permanent. This forum is full of people who have no fondness for what the PO did to butcher their trailer.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #28

British Columbia
so the countertop has now been funked up! :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	boler countertop and backsplash.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	48091

so i redid the countertop with some stoneworks treatment and then did the backsplash as well. obviously we had removed the cooktop and so i just jazzed up a glass cutting board with some sparkle and retro owl decals (on alternate side so the facing side is clean) and there we go! we have a bin directly underneath the 'hole', right above the fridge so it can house a mish mosh of items. jeepers, it took what seems like forever just to have it end up so eclectic (not near as fancy as so many of your gorgeous camper kitchens) but it suits our kooky family and will serve it's purpose for sure
Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #29

Registry
Fantastic---you nailed it!