I'm at my wit's end.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Unhappy I'm at my wit's end....

How on earth do I get up the ambition to wash my nasty dirty EggCamper? It has dirt and tree "juice" on it. If anyone has any extra ambition, please send me some.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Good afternoon Bob. Glad to see you here. I'm currently thinking about all the things I want/need to do to my Scamp before the Oregon Gathering in a month. I feel you lack of motivation all the way across the US But you know what, if it doesn't get done today... there's always tomorrow. Our egg-type trailers are for enjoyment and relaxation. Shouldn't be stressful.

I know there's more going on in your life right now than just a lack of motivation or ambition. Just take it one day at a time. Maybe just for today, go inside the trailer and have a cool beverage of your choice... whether that's iced tea, soda or something with some kick. It's whatever makes you feel more at peace with your new normal.

Water and trailer washing soap is waiting for you when you're ready.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Look for a "hand car wash fund raiser" in your area. We did this one month into our two month trip last summer. The kids did a great job getting the bugs and road grime off.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #4

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
The Safety Coordinator washed ours this spring. That is using an 8 foot step ladder in the back of the truck bed standing on the part of the ladder that reads "this is not a step." We too can not avoid either parking in under a maple or a walnut tree other then parking it out next to the road where it looks like it is for sale and I have to walk a hundred miles in a day to clean the inside.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Mine was only the 13' Scamp. You could try a day laborer to do a supervised cleaning job for you.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Look for a "hand car wash fund raiser" in your area. We did this one month into our two month trip last summer. The kids did a great job getting the bugs and road grime off.
Dave & Paula
I did that last summer, then felt so guilty after they washed both the RAV4 & the Escape 17 that I paid them twice what they were asking. It was for a good cause, and I have to admit I'd never get around to it or even find a campground that would let me wash it. They did do a great job!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #7

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Good afternoon Bob. Glad to see you here. I'm currently thinking about all the things I want/need to do to my Scamp before the Oregon Gathering in a month. I feel you lack of motivation all the way across the US But you know what, if it doesn't get done today... there's always tomorrow. Our egg-type trailers are for enjoyment and relaxation. Shouldn't be stressful.

I know there's more going on in your life right now than just a lack of motivation or ambition. Just take it one day at a time. Maybe just for today, go inside the trailer and have a cool beverage of your choice... whether that's iced tea, soda or something with some kick. It's whatever makes you feel more at peace with your new normal.

Water and trailer washing soap is waiting for you when you're ready.

X2 on Everything Donna D said

and if you still feel like it needs to be washed......all the below are good ideas,but I will add one more.If you know someone in Boy Scouts they might be working on a badge and would like to do the job for you.Then you could donate some money to their scout troop in their name. That way it would go in a troop savings in their name for trips or actives they would do and the boys would have less to pay out of their pockets.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #8

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Bob, you can know you have friends here you have never met. I wish I was closer to you I would give you a hand, as well as I know others here would also.
One day at a time, Donna gives good advice, huh. We are all thinking of you.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #9

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
Bob, I have thought of you many times in the past days as we lost a close family member a couple months ago.

I think you are in MI and I might remember hearing you are in West MI with us. I have an extra teenager around who I like to keep busy. If it helps the ambition to do it with someone or if you just want it done. He even has a little experience with polish also. PM me if you are interested.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #10

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
My 13' Scamp is in a storage facility where I am NOT supposed to wash it. So I'm just washing it using a spray bottle, 3 square foot at a time, started at the front top half, working my way around...slowly...

Since I currently can't stand for long at all, it's really working nicely.

That to say...don't try to do it all at once, just one part at a time.

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #11

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Hey Bob.......don't let this washing thing get you down. Can you hire a neighbor kid to help? You supervise and help if you want. If I was close.....I'd wash it for you. Just take it slow.....it will get done. You hang in there......tough times will get better for you. You have lots of folks sending you great thoughts.......we're with you!!!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote