I'm looking for a small jalousie window... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2003, 09:48 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm looking for a small jalousie window...

... like the one in the door of Scamps and Bolers. I want to install it in the wall over the stove (like Bolers). Can someone point me to a source, or a reasonable facsimilie?

BTW, I updated my site with this weekend's work on the Draggin Egg... Floor mods and new upholstery and cabinet doors.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:24 PM   #2

Window

Windows like that show up at architectural salvage yards. Find the ones that buy windows from the public. They are rare and sell fast because the primary use is in kid's playhouses. Must you have one the same size as the one in the photo? What is the largest size that will fit? If you're not in a big hurry, one will turn up.

Old 02-04-2003, 07:50 AM   #3

Ja Lousy windows

Don, that's going to be a tough thing to find. Jalousie windows are generally only used in tropical areas, so that's where they are manufactured. When I was building housing in Hawaii and Guam, we had to order all of our windows from Florida. We referred to jalousies as ''ja-lousy'' simply because they are the worst kind of window for security and weatherproofing. And they have so many mechanical parts, they are subject to operational failure--which would indicate that a salvage window would not be a good solution.

Otherwise, you might do a Google search for jalousie manufacturers. Zero in on Florida, because that's probably still the main manufacturing area for such products. Almost forgot--if you do find a manufacturer, most jalousies, at that time, were made for installation in masonry walls, i.e., without the fin that is necessary when securing to a frame wall. We had to modify that feature before using the Florida windows in stick-built housing.

BTW, I was going to tell you about the same micro that Craig responded with. Saw it in Wally's Sunday flyer and thought that it would work well in someone's trailer. We used a small GE and I'm surprised it apparently won't fit in the cabinet of a C16'--guess the cabinets are a little different shape than the C17'.

Old 02-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #4

Thanks guys!

A kind soul from the group had one and is donating it to the cause.

Our first shake-down cruise is this next weekend!

Tags
jalousie windows