install of 110 dorm fridge - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #21

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
All I know is that our fridge worked very good as it came out of the box, and was quite convenient for the 3 months we spent in the camper last winter. Others type of camping may certainly be different from ours, and equipment type and installation should be adapted to accommodate each persons needs. I tell our kids this all the time, get several opinions and choose the one you like best, and it doesn't have to be mine. As for extra insulation, that reminds me of the idea some years ago to wrap your home hot water heater with extra insulation to save energy. Maybe a good idea, but as the service guy that had to work on those things, I hated it. Made my job harder and more time consuming, and the customers were charged on a time basis.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #22

Trailer: 85 U-Haul 13 ft
Registry
Thanks to everyone for the help. I finally installed my fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
ForumRunner_20131001_222548.png   ForumRunner_20131001_222604.png  

stephanie reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #23

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
I missed this one all together. I built the box and put an eye bolt on either side. I then put a ratchet strap over the whole thing and tightened it threw the front bin hole. Sorry I don't have any pictures of this. But it works great and I have no water under it what so ever.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #24

New York
Chris; that's a quicker solution than mine, and easier too. My dorm fridge is bolted down at all 4 corners.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #25

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Had the parts laying around and know I want to Putin a little larger unit later so I was looking for quick and easy to update. I just can't bring myself to cut out for a bigger fridge yet. So the overflow goes in a cooler.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #26

New York
We also usually take a cooler, but when we wintered in GA last year we took a second dorm fridge that we kept on the table in the screen room. Now we are considering a slightly larger fridge that has a separate freezer compartment, to replace the screen room fridge. At a recent rally, someone had a Black & Decker fridge they got at Walmart that looked like a good size, and they have a deal now for a few extra dollars it includes a microwave. Had to slightly enlarge the original ice box opening to fit the dorm fridge, about 1" each way. Won't cut it more, size fridge we have is good.