Installation of Camco 57331 Olympian Wave-3 3000 BTU LP Gas Catalytic Heater - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #1

Name: STEVE
Trailer: 2007 Casita 17' Freedom
CO
Installation of Camco 57331 Olympian Wave-3 3000 BTU LP Gas Catalytic Heater

Hello Everyone,
I am considering installing a Camco 57331 Olympian Wave-3 3000 BTU LP Gas Catalytic Heater in my 2007 Casita Freedom Deluxe. I plan to mount a piece of 3/4" plywood to the wall adjacent to the seats on the bathroom side. I can make all the clearances work and feel that mounting the plywood with gasketed screws through the wall will make for a safer install than connecting the unit to the carpeted wall.
I also plan to use the Camco Low Pressure Gas Regulator with 12' Hose and would run it down the wall and eventually to the propane supply area.
My question is this: has anyone already done this? The channel along the floor is for the water supply to the toilet and probably for the 120v plug below the table.
Without a good schematic I am not sure if I could run the hose into the channel and alongside the water lines and exit below the rig and end up at the Propane supply area.
Any advice on how this can be done would be appreciated. I have not decided how I will make the connections but possibly with a valve that would allow me to select the Camco or the unit's built in heater (which is loud and uses too much propane) Thanks for any advice in advance!
Steve
stevescrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:02 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
steve, i mounted a wave3 heater on the bathroom door with a rubber gas supply line that allows the door to open & close while connected. the copper supply line comes off the splitter connected to the propane tanks runs along the frame and then turns left to come thru the floor under the forward seat cabinet (my casita is an sd with the seat box). there's a proper cut off valve before going into the heater connect. and, before you ask there's been no heat issue with the heater being mounted on the wooden door. this arrangement has been working well for a long time. i do not have the factory installed furnace. also, in case you weren't aware, it's important the keep the little heater covered when not in use. dust, etc is not good for it.

p@
Attached Thumbnails
wave3.jpg  
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:35 AM   #3

Name: STEVE
Trailer: 2007 Casita 17' Freedom
CO
HiPatrick,
I will do a similar install only on the wall to the left of the bathroom door.
My Freedom does have a heater but plan to use it only when necessary.
Thanks for your advice!
stevescrook is offline   Reply With Quote