Installing access door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
We have an access door we would like to install in our Boler. I'm sure it can't be difficult, but we don't want any leaks!! I searched and can't find any postings on the "how to" of installing an access door. As in the best way to cut the hole and what kind of glue/sealant to use. Also, is it necessary or advisable to use screws as well as glue.

Any assistance or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dianne
Dianne Dohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
I created a topic on how to add a hatch last summer. Good luck with your project!
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Thanks Peter - that is exactly what I was looking for. I had seen that posting a while ago, but my search didn't bring it up.

Our project is delayed as the hatch we ordered is the wrong size for what we need to get through the opening. It was a custom order, but not made the way we wished. So we will have to arrange to reorder and wait for the hatch again before we get to it.

In the meantime, we are off to the Prairie Egg Gathering on Thursday! Can't wait!

Dianne
Dianne Dohei is offline   Reply With Quote