Installing new trillium side marker lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #1

Name: Stevedamnloud
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Installing new trillium side marker lights

Hello, my name is Steve and I just bought a 1974 trillium. I am trying to install new side marker lights. I bought 4 replacement assemblies (2 amber, 2 red) from Canadian tire and they are pretty close to the original lights. However I'm not sure how to remove/replace the new ones. There is one screw on the right side and one rivet on the left side. Do I have to drill out the old rivets or will they pop out?

Thanks for the help!
Stevedamnloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:28 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Hi Steve and welcome to FGRV. Unless a rivit has been stressed to the point of wallowing the hole out from movement it will have to be drilled out.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #3

Name: Stevedamnloud
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Ok that's kind what I figured. Just didn't want to if I didn't have to. I noticed my new lights are pretty close to the same style but I think I may have to sauder the connection with the positive. Anyways thanks for the help!
Stevedamnloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, trillium