Interior trim fix on 17' 1982 boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #1

Name: Joy
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Interior trim fix on 17' 1982 boler

Hi, We are in the process of fixing up a 1982 17' boler. I've read the posts about the elephant skin, but am not sure that's what we've got in our trailer. It does look like elephant skin, but appears to be about 1/4" thick. There are plastic trim on the seam joins that were "fixed" by a previous owner who made a bit of a mess. I am wondering if there is a similar product available as this snap together trim or if anyone has any suggestions on cleaning all of the gunk off of the existing trim. If I can clean it up, I'll reglue it to the ceiling and use the clip in and can either add some glue or tack if required where it doesn't hold. Last question - is this actually the elephant skin that was used in the 13' bolers or something else? Any input would be appreciated.

Joy in Calgary

Photo 1 - ceiling trim in good shape
Photo 2 - track that is supposed to be glued to the ceiling. Clean view
Photo 3 - track that is glued to the ceiling cover in goo
Photo 4 - cover piece that clips into the track
Attached Thumbnails
ceiling 1.jpg   ceiling 2.jpg  

ceiling 3.jpg   ceiling 4.jpg  

JoyCalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
ensolite aka elephant skin

Yes, that is ensolite AKA elephant skin. Its amazing stuff and it seems to last forever. Cleans up well.

The seam molding is T molding. Relatively difficult to find. You can take it out, clean it and put it back on.. Also you can it in a pot of very hot water to straighten it out.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
And yes, ensolite AKA elephant skin was used in Boler 13's, Boler 17's, Trilliums and probably other brand campers as well.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Outback
Trailer: Outback trillium trailer
Alberta
tee insert strips

Hello Joy here at Outback trailers the stock the white tee insert trim it comes in 8'2" lengths white in colour and fits a majority of vintage trailers including Bolers and Trilliums. Email us @ trilliumtrailers@gmail.com
Joe at Outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #5

Name: Joy
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
Yes, that is ensolite AKA elephant skin. Its amazing stuff and it seems to last forever. Cleans up well.

The seam molding is T molding. Relatively difficult to find. You can take it out, clean it and put it back on.. Also you can it in a pot of very hot water to straighten it out.
Thx John. Very much appreciated on the info and quick response!
JoyCalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:52 PM   #6

Name: Curt
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Alberta
Registry
Video How To Caulk and Paint Ensolite Seams

OK, after years of shooting 8mm and Super 8mm movie film, VHS and Hi8 videotape, and now digital video, I have finally taken the plunge and created my first ever How-To video for You Tube - How to Caulk and Paint Ensolite Seams in Vintage Fiberglass RV's!
It's a little on the long side, so feel free to fast forward through the slow bits.
Find it at https://studio.youtube.com/video/4rK.../edit/advanced.
If anyone has any suggestions for more how-to's, or any other subject for You Tube videos, please let me know. I have a couple of ideas, but they may take some time. Next one up will likely be Winterzing a 1978 Trillium Travel Trailer.
Capn.Curt.Wiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #7

Name: Curt
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Alberta
Registry
Sorry, link should be
Capn.Curt.Wiebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler