Iphone and Android Apps... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Iphone and Android Apps...

I found this nice app and was wondering if there were any more suggestions,
A little more about what the "Allstays Camp & RV" app provides:

-campgrounds and RV parks
-rest areas, including amenity info and side of freeway
-truck stops by brand
-Walmarts, including info about overnight policies
-RV dealers and suppliers (ability to filter by brand, Lance included)
-RV-friendly chains, such as Cracker Barrel
-bridge and tunnel clearances
-dump stations
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
For camping, I like Allstays Camp & RV best because of the "open all year" filter. Lets me find off season campgrounds. Although I don't use them as much, I also have Camp Where which lists public campgrounds & provides links for reservations covering the US & Canada, and RV Parking.com.

As to non campground apps, I have far too many to list all of them, but some of my favorites are Pandora, Gas Buddy, The Photographer's Ephemeris (although designed for photographers, it is also useful if you want to position your trailer to favor alignment for solar - it shows sun & moon rise/set times & directions for any date on a Google map), Public Radio, Coverage? (Maps of cell coverage down to street level for all the major providers), All Trails, iBird Plus, MyRadar, and iHandy Level.

Fotopedia's National Parks has thousands of beautiful photographs of all US parks as well as park maps, etc. I also like the iFhotoGuide & the Chimani National Park apps, although they do not cover very many of them.

I'll stop now!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Another good one is called "Around Me" - easy way to find the nearest ATM, bank, coffee shop, pub, parking, gas station and supermarket to name just a few. Also Google Translator and another called Currency - come in very handy when traveling outside your country.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Does anyone have anything for finding tv stations?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Go to google and type the name of a near city for example, type 'TV Stations San Marcos TX'

Generally a list will come up.

Barring that you can phone 'bing' and ask the same question without a computer.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #6

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
...As to non campground apps, I have far too many to list all of them, but some of my favorites are [B]Pandora,...[B]Public Radio, ...
Hi Jon Thanks for the list. I especially liked the radar one. I couldn't find Pandora (Just a jewellery app).

Wifi finder is a great app. Especially for Canadians that hop across the border and have no US data plan. (The app data is stored in the phone)

Gas Runner does the at the pump math for Canadian & US. Litres to gallons (and vise versa) and exchange rate.

Dog Parks Map of off leash parks across the US incase your buddy is need of some running.

The must have
App Store - Fiberglass RV Owners Community
https://market.android.com/details?i...rglassrv&hl=en
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
Hi Jon Thanks for the list. I especially liked the radar one. I couldn't find Pandora (Just a jewellery app).

[/url]
Whats wrong with the Pandora app? don't you know that just because women camp it doesn't mean we have to go without jewels. A Pandora bracelet travels well & takes up little space
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Pandora (Internet Radio). The app (also available to run on a laptop) is free as is the service, however I pay $36.00 per year to not have ads, avoid pushing a "like" button every once in a while to keep it going, etc. I like the service because I can pick a style of music, or performer, and it will "introduce" me to similar selections and other performers I never knew existed. Only problem is it has a button to "buy" what ever is playing - I've spent more at iTunes since I started using it!

As to finding TV stations, my favorite is to use a browser to connect to TVFool. Not only does it give a list of stations, but if you enter your location & antenna height it gives you a good idea of which ones to expect to receive & a map showing where to aim your antenna. Although I don't watch much TV, it also gives FM stations.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote