Is Parkliner still in business? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #1

Name: Gail
Trailer: 1975 Trillium & 2013 Escape 17B
North Carolina
Registry
Is Parkliner still in business?

Has anyone been in touch with Parkliner people recently? No one answers emails or returns phone calls (in the past 3 days). I indicated that we wanted to stop by and see their product. You would think they would jump all over that! Thanks.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Cant say one way or another but by the posts made here since they went into biz, they have never been good at returning emails or answering the phone.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Just good at making trailers.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Customer service is EVERYTHING!
Old 05-14-2015, 09:50 AM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Customer service is EVERYTHING!
Its defiantly cost them more than a few customers in the past couple of years. But somehow the message seems to go unheard.

They haven't updated their Facebook page since April of last year either......
Old 05-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Contact the local Better Business Bureau offices. Although Parkliner isn't a member, they may have information about what's happening thereabouts.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Or go here: ParkLiner, Inc Business Review in Gibsonville, NC - Central North Carolina BBB
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 8.53.36 AM.png  
Old 05-14-2015, 10:04 AM   #8

Maybe some of the "Parkliner" owners here can speak up and give more info? IF something is amiss, it sure would be nice for potential new owners to know it before laying serious money down in my opinion!
Old 05-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
Maybe some of the "Parkliner" owners here can speak up and give more info? IF something is amiss, it sure would be nice for potential new owners to know it before laying serious money down in my opinion!
The owners have spoken - plenty! Including some who tried to buy one but then ended up withdrawing their orders and asking for deposit back due to lack of communication - been more than a few of those.

Use the search function on this site & read through the history. Lots of info for anyone considering buying one to consider.

Many/most of those BBB complaints where also filed by members here - read the details on the BBB complaints. Some of those owners have since sold their trailers and others still have them.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #10

what Glenn posted.
You might want to search here Gail to read up on if they honor their warranty.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #11

Before buying the Scamp, I was looking a the 15' HI-LO. Put $200 down on it for "prep" from a dealer about 90 miles away. The next morning, for what ever reason, I got SICK about it. It was $16000 + and apx 2600 empty lbs (for my 4 cyl). This was 2009.

I called; canceled; lost my $200; wife got mad at me; ordered the Scamp the following spring; HI-LO went out business; wife happy. End of the HILO story (and HILO).
Old 05-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #12

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The medical term for that well known sickness is "Buyers Remorse" good thing you contracted it in time before it became terminal....LOLOLOL

Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
The medical term for that well known sickness is "Buyers Remorse" good thing you contracted it in time before it became terminal....LOLOLOL
Old 05-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #14

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
The last post on their Facebook page is from April of 2014 ! Answering the phone and returning emails would be a plus if they intend to get future sales. They have never been concerned about customer reviews or customer referrals. Just making a good product is not enough.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #15

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Does anyone know if Tom Bass is still there? He started there about a year ago and had gotten things running pretty smoothly and was good at responding to emails and voice mail.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #16

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I love my Parkliner, but cannot say the same about the company.

We bought our egg used, and had no idea it had been in a minor accident. Parkliner knew and never told us till we dragged the trailer down there last year for a number of upgrades (that's a story in and of itself). Suffice it to say management lied to us about what they would do when we got it there, what they did do was quick and dirty. When I showed up Friday to get the trailer and go home, no management was there - I was told to call the owner, as he was home babysitting (or some such thing). He was very disrespectful. It was NOT a good experience.

Nevertheless, we love our Parkliner. 6'4" ceiling height, queen size bed and a toilet all in a lightweight good looking package. We've dealt with a number of problems from the minor accident it was in, and continue to personalize it as our long term egg!

Best of luck to you!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 05-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #17

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Does anyone know if Tom Bass is still there? He started there about a year ago and had gotten things running pretty smoothly and was good at responding to emails and voice mail.
I cut off all communication with Mr. Bass after our experience with him last year, so I have no clue. A very smooth talker that fellow.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
Old 05-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #18

It's good to hear from a truthful owner and the facts. But to me, it seems (or seemed) like a really nice trailer and even from you. It's just a shame they dont care for their customers. IF they're not out, I would say they're well on their way...unless there's a DRASTIC turn-around with the owners.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #19

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
We still love our ParkLiner and still hate the company. I gave up trying to communicate with them about a year ago. Some time last fall or early winter I received a DVD "Owners Manual" from them which is next to useless. I believe there was also a letter stating that they were going to be hosting a ParkLiner rally near Gibsonville sometime this spring. That was the last I ever heard of that. It was supposed to coincide with the 100th unit coming out the door.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #20

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
I believe that Tom has backed away from the company a fair amount, said he would assist the people that he worked with during the time he was involved and helping Chandler get the trailers out in a timely manner. Tom had talked to me about the rally and I had agreed to be in charge of organizing it but I have tried to talk to Chandler about the contact information for Parkliner owners and have had no luck. I would love to have a rally and meet everyone. If there is interest I will be glad to try to contact as many owners as possible…..
Closed Thread

Tags
parkliner