Is this equipment original to a 1300 Trillium? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2016, 04:06 PM   #1

Name: Anne-Marie
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Is this equipment original to a 1300 Trillium?

My Mom gave me a '78 1300 Trillium when she bought a 4500. I've had it for several years but haven't used it except as a guest room once. My Mom has since passed away and now I can't remember a lot of things about the trailer and she isn't here to ask anymore.
There is a "hood" above the two burner range, that appears to be a bracket that something would slide into. There is no vent from it. There is a message stamped in the metal to "not install the oven over a sink on any electrical or gas heating appliance-side and bottom surfaces hot to touch."
My Mom kept a toaster oven in it somehow when this trailer was hers but removed it and put it in her 4500 when she got it.

My question is...if it is original equipment, someone may want to restore whatever was there someday and I should leave it there? Or, if it's not original, I will just remove it, to give me a little more space and prevent anyone from cutting themselves on the sharp metal corners or edges.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Anne-Marie L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:20 PM   #2

Name: Gavin
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Hi Anne-Marie, someone may correct me as I'm fairly new to the site but I do not believe hood ranges were ever an option on Trillium's. Pretty sure people added them on there own.
cabnfevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:47 PM   #3

Name: stefan
Trailer: 76 Trillium 1300
Waterloo, Ontario
It's hard to tell from the picture, and there are different makes and models, but it looks like the bracket to hold a toaster oven in place. I have never seen that bracket before in a Trillium picture, but I haven't seen pictures of every Trillium out there. I'm sure you can remove it.
stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #4

Name: Randy J.
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
We have a 1976 Trillium and I've seen others but haven't seen this hood. A new owner would probably remove or replace it. The trailer has probably had some "convenience" mods - looks like coat hooks above the lower bunk. And is that wall-paper on the wall behind the stove? Usually it's just fiberglass which might be easier to keep clean and in my mind more safe.
Randy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #5

Ontario
Thanks for all the opinions! I removed the bracket this morning.

I think it was just left over from some modification that a previous owner did...my Mom was able to use it somehow to keep a small toaster oven in but that is gone now. Nice to have those sharp edges gone!

The hooks are just a plastic fixture hanging on the lip of the shelf.
I've installed some removable shelf liner material to the wall behind the sink and the range just to cover up a bit of glue that was left on the wall by an old installation of 70's "Mactac". It is a tidy fix, easy to wipe clean and a future owner will be able to easily remove it to do something different if they prefer.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #6

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Stove Bracket

Hello Anne-Marie,

The PO of my trailer also installed the same bracket which held a toaster oven which did not work. I removed the oven but had a heck of a time removing the bracket but was successful in the end.

No range hood in a Trillium as far as I know.

Glad you removed it successfully. I'd still think again about the wall covering behind the stove. There must be some way to clean up the fiberglass. Folks here would know!

I have a custom built spice and cooking utensil rack behind my stove that covers up any previous sins!

Are you planning on using or selling your trailer?
Old 06-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #7

Ontario
Regretfully, I am selling the trailer. My Mom used this trailer for about ten years before she bought a 4500 and gave this one to me. But, I am a motorcyclist and have never used the trailer...pretty difficult to pull even a 1300 behind a bike! It has just never fit into my style of travelling. And I think someone should be using it instead of it just sitting in my driveway for years.
My bracket was pretty easy to remove...I sprayed some "Movit" on the nuts and bolts, let it soak for an hour and then used an adjustable wrench and a nut driver to remove them. I am a gasfitter by trade and have a whole service truck full of tools at my disposal. SOMETHING in there was bound to work!

I have someone coming tomorrow night to look at it. If I was going to keep it, I would be doing some things differently, but it is in excellent condition now and I really don't have the need to make any "improvements" to it, to sell it. All I have done is give it a good vacuuming and cleaning and it is ready for someone to go camping!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 06-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #8

Ontario
A photo of the Trillium 1300.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 06-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Anne-Marie, I remember your mother Noreen. She was helpful here and it was delightful chatting online with her in the threads.

I'm glad you have her trailer and have decided to join us!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #10

Ontario
Thanks for remembering my Mom Donna. Today was the year anniversary of her passing. I will be regretfully selling the Trillium but it has been nice hanging around here for a while with all her old friends. One of the last things we were able to do for her, only about 6 weeks before she died, was get her to the Eggfest Rally in Coburg, Ont so she could go "camping" and see all her trailering friends one last time.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:36 AM   #11

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Noreen Bradshaw? This is the first I have heard. I am so sorry.
Some other pictures of your trailer:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post373884
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:23 AM   #12

Ontario
That photo was taken in my backyard.

Tags
trillium