Jalousie seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #1

Name: Daryl
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Jalousie seal

Click image for larger version

Name:	C3D52661-C8A8-419E-934F-B9E4B589DB6D.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	132565I’m looking for the top window pane seal on my front Jalousie window for my 17’ Boler. I have looked at a bunch of sites and I can’t seem to see the right one. Has anyone ordered and installed this seal on their window? See attachment for picture. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
41921E3F-22EA-4041-80EE-01BC5F419276.jpg  
Daryl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:12 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Daryl, this gasket is the Hehr Series 7900 Window top seal (part number H009-482). I have obtained samples from Pelland Enterprises and All-Rite Custom Manufacturing and tested them in the window frame (seem OK), but haven't yet ordered the required 7 feet needed for the two jalousie windows. One problem is that All-Rite only has it in dark brown.

EDIT: The Pelland product can be order in black, and that would match the new Hehr glazing seals that I've replaced in black. But the Pelland product does not lay flat. I am considering just covering the original (gray) top seal with black plastic striping or tape.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:12 AM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Have you contacted this company? They do have Hehr Window gaskets and they say they have gaskets for the vintage Boler trailers. My friend's son worked with this company the other year and they actually created new gaskets from scratch for his vintage aluminum trailer as no one was selling replacements for those specialty windows. A good small company that cares about you and your gasket needs.

https://www.vintagetrailergaskets.co...railer-gaskets
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:58 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
Daryl, this gasket is the Hehr Series 7900 Window top seal (part number H009-482). I have obtained samples from Pelland Enterprises and All-Rite Custom Manufacturing and tested them in the window frame (seem OK), but haven't yet ordered the required 7 feet needed for the two jalousie windows. One problem is that All-Rite only has it in dark brown.

EDIT: The Pelland product can be order in black, and that would match the new Hehr glazing seals that I've replaced in black. But the Pelland product does not lay flat. I am considering just covering the original (gray) top seal with black plastic striping or tape.
Thanks for replying John. I looked at those parts you sent and my seal looks like it may be a touch different. I only say that as I have not pulled it out yet and cant really see the whole thing or the side profile. I warmed up my seal with a heat gun to try and pry it out but it was quite resistant and I didnt want to tear it without the replacement. Have you had success pulling your old one out?

Ya my seal is gray also. I could change it to white and it would match the gray glazing seals ok. Are you suggesting to not buy the Pelland and go for the one from All-Rite as it lays flat better?

Thanks for help!!
Daryl
Old 12-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Have you contacted this company? They do have Hehr Window gaskets and they say they have gaskets for the vintage Boler trailers. My friend's son worked with this company the other year and they actually created new gaskets from scratch for his vintage aluminum trailer as no one was selling replacements for those specialty windows. A good small company that cares about you and your gasket needs.

https://www.vintagetrailergaskets.co...railer-gaskets
Thanks for the suggestion. I will contact them to see if they have a seal
Old 12-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #6

Michigan
Registry
get samples ...

Daryl,

Yes I agree, pretty difficult to remove the old seals, but I pulled them out, cleaned everything and re-installed them.

Based on your photos, I would say I have exactly the same windows in my Boler 17 -- and exactly the same seals.

I would recommend you contact each company and have them send you samples. Then you can decide. That's what I did.

John
Old 12-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
Daryl,

Yes I agree, pretty difficult to remove the old seals, but I pulled them out, cleaned everything and re-installed them.

Based on your photos, I would say I have exactly the same windows in my Boler 17 -- and exactly the same seals.

I would recommend you contact each company and have them send you samples. Then you can decide. That's what I did.

John
Will get some samples John. Were the seals easier to go in than to get them out? Thanks again
Old 12-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #8

Michigan
Registry
Definitely easier re-inserting the seals vs removing them.