Jalousie window disassembly (and reassembly once I get it all out!) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #1

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Jalousie window disassembly (and reassembly once I get it all out!)

1979 scamp here. Our scamp had a window ac in one of the side windows, which we will never use; the old frame is still there, but no guts. I purchased a replacement window to put in.

However, I decided it needed cleaned up quite a bit as it was oxidized, rusty in places, and all the weather stripping was cracked and crunchy. Total disassembly time, right? After looking, I decided to put the guts in our existing frame instead, as its in MUCH better condition.

I found Ian's awesome disassembly video...which got me most of the way...except this window has the moving parts RIVETED to the frame. Drilling one out didn't work. It's still firmly attached. Googling just shows me the style like on the bolers.

Also, I need to replace this part or the entire assembly. It was bent, and cracked more during the disassembly I was able to do.

Needed:
How can I get the guts apart from the frame on this exact window?

I'm assuming u can use rivets to put it back together again on the frame we are going to use.

And, source for that part? I don't see it on vintage trailer supply.

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:51 PM   #2

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
After looking a third time, these look like that part?
Window Hinges 1969+ Serro Scotty

Id still love some help on getting the rivets out of the window frame, and getting rivets out of the mechanism itself to replace pic is if he river currently giving us conniptions.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #3

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
So when you drilled it out, did the rivet fall out completely or were there still parts of it left. I drilled many out of my boler and there was almost a pop sound when drilling of the tension on the rivet letting go. Then just had to pull out all the pieces. I used a 1/8th size drill bit too. Not sure how much that will help you....
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote