jalousie window repair - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #1

Trailer: Surfside
Does any one know where to get The weather stripping that runs along the bottom of the jalousie windows,for a 1976 surfside.Found the header and sill type,but not the one for under the windows to make a good seal when they close.
Thanks Eileen

Eileen S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Until someone answers up with the exact item, perhaps you'd like to check out the Helpful-Links by clicking: Windows and Window Parts

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Until someone answers up with the exact item, perhaps you'd like to check out the Helpful-Links by clicking: Windows and Window Parts

Thanks Donna,Will look around some more...was told that I could order some,but,that it would cost about 60 dollars for a 100 ft roll.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Does any one know where to get The weather stripping that runs along the bottom of the jalousie windows,for a 1976 surfside.Found the header and sill type,but not the one for under the windows to make a good seal when they close.
Thanks Eileen
Hi: Have you looked through Vintage Trailer Supply's web site. I Have bought a 10' bag of the Jalousie bulb seal to do mine but haven't used it yet. Not sure if it is what you are looking for.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #5

Quote:

Hi: Have you looked through Vintage Trailer Supply's web site. I Have bought a 10' bag of the Jalousie bulb seal to do mine but haven't used it yet. Not sure if it is what you are looking for.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Thanks Alf, There are so many different types of seals etc., it's hard to know which one will work. Could you let me know how well the bulb seal works when you use it? I've been looking for the flap kind, that was in the two bottom edges of the windows, where they close together.Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply,Eileen

Old 04-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #6

KentJ, I tried to message you back, but couldn't (guess I'm too much of a newbie and couldn't figure it out) anyway, I saw the header and sill seal for jalousie's at Vintage Trailer Supplies,hope that helps.
Eileen
Old 04-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
We will be doing some window repairs on our '76 Surfside soon, and may be able to give you some pointers as to where and what to order.

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #8

Quote:
We will be doing some window repairs on our '76 Surfside soon, and may be able to give you some pointers as to where and what to order.

--Peter
Thanks Peter, that would be much appreciated. Everyone is so helpful on here. Love this site.
Eileen

Tags
jalousie windows