Jalousie windows - pinched alum with the seals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #1

Name: Vanessa
Trailer: Ventura 73’
British Columbia
Jalousie windows - pinched alum with the seals

Hi all. Has anyone run into this? Is this from a PO or when they’re made? Any advice how to bend back without creating scratched up mess? Currently polishing and cleaning... I think I’ve been procrastinating dealing with the seals! But I’ve ordered replacements... and cold weathers coming!Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	384.8 KB
ID:	137709Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4369.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	137710
murffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:45 AM   #2

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
From what I've read, they do the crimp when making the window. That being said, yours look like they could have been done by a previous owner. I do remember reading somewhere that you can use a Dremel to remove the bump on the inside of the track created by the crimp when you are replacing the seal. That is what I am going to do. I will secure the seal in the track with either a touch of gasket cement or Dicor.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
What I would do,
cut a piece of wood for a tight fit in the top channel make it as long as you can and clamp it in place. Then put a piece of metal the proper width in the crimped channel and drive it across with a hammer to force the crimp back out. its aluminium it will move pretty easily.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jalousie windows, windows