Jensen Outdoor Speaker - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #1

Name: REEDER
Trailer: Bigfoot
OREGON
Jensen Outdoor Speaker

Hello, I have inadvertently waved the Hi-Pressure wand at the car wash across the Jensen Outdoor Speaker dislodging the foil "tweeter" located behind plastic grating. Any ideas as to whether I can silicone/glue the tweeter back in place without removing speaker cover and disrupting factory silicone bead? The mishap took place on 2020 Bigfoot 25B21FBS. Thanks
bigfootreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:45 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootreed View Post
Hello, I have inadvertently waved the Hi-Pressure wand at the car wash across the Jensen Outdoor Speaker dislodging the foil "tweeter" located behind plastic grating. Any ideas as to whether I can silicone/glue the tweeter back in place without removing speaker cover and disrupting factory silicone bead? The mishap took place on 2020 Bigfoot 25B21FBS. Thanks
They are only $20 a pair maybe it would be better to replace it.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:30 AM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootreed View Post
First, I would ask if it is really silicon. Some trailer manufacturers use other products because when resealing, silicon will not stick to itself and all traces of it have to be removed in order properly reseal it. Applying new sealant is not rocket science.

Second, glueing the tweeter back in place, IMO, is a half-assed fix. If replacement speakers are only $20, as ThomasC has posted, they likely cannot be very durable or of particularly high quality. It may be far more expensive, but given the situation, you might be better off finding a better outdoor speaker. And fabricate a way to protect/cover them when washing.

Third, and finally, while I am not a fan of my camping neighbors blaring their choice of music for everyone around them to be annoyed......strike that, for everyone around them to “enjoy,” pretty much the same way we all enjoy hearing the drone of a generator or a constantly barking dog. When remotely boondocking, it is not annoying to anyone else but in a crowded campground please be aware that it may be rude (displaying the lack of consideration for others). Two words best describe the appropriate way to listen to music in a crowded campground: HEADPHONES and INSIDE.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #4

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
May be easier to just replace it
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:28 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 17' Casita
Louisiana
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Two words best describe the appropriate way to listen to music in a crowded campground: HEADPHONES and INSIDE.
and low volume if outside speakers are on
New Orleans John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
speakers

Ditto CPW big time !!! Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:11 PM   #7

Name: REEDER
Trailer: Bigfoot
OREGON
Jenson Speaker

Thanks for advice on replacement of speaker vs repair. $20 !?! That's all?
Rest assured i just want to fix it not use it. Haven't used them, won't use them.
Ski boats with speakers are obnoxious and most outdoor speaker scenarios probably are too.
bigfootreed is offline   Reply With Quote