Lagun table leg in Scamp 19 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #1

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Lagun table leg in Scamp 19

Am replacing the table in my 2006 Scamp 19. Acquired a 30" x 30" table top from IKEA and a knock off "Lagun table leg". Plan on attaching the leg on the electric side seat. How far from the back wall should I mount the leg, and should I center the table top or off set it?
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
Am replacing the table in my 2006 Scamp 19. Acquired a 30" x 30" table top from IKEA and a knock off "Lagun table leg". Plan on attaching the leg on the electric side seat. How far from the back wall should I mount the leg, and should I center the table top or off set it?

I can’t answer your question but I’d love some info on the knock off “ lagun table leg”
I love those lagun mounts but not the price lol
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:20 PM   #3

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
I can’t answer your question but I’d love some info on the knock off “ lagun table leg”
I love those lagun mounts but not the price lol
Well, the price was still high, but the quality of the material they use was very good. On ebay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/353651611472 . I did not pay the asking price, but made a offer. They were excellent to deal with. They did not get back to me within the time period, and I canceled the order and ordered it at the full price. They gave me the price I offered, so I thought they were super to deal with. It arrived in excellent order. No instructions on how to assemble, but it was straight forward. I would definitely order from them again. We got a 30" x 30" melamine table top from IKEA at a really good price. I would have preferred a 24" x 30", but the ones I found were much higher priced, so with went with the 30" square. Not installed yet. I'm a bit nervous about mounting that table top. I have a friend who is a set up man at https://bushfurniture.com/ and I think I may ask his assistance! He is use to working at that kind of stuff, setting up the machines to make ready-to-assemble furniture. That way I will not make a mistake and drill all the way thru that table top!!!
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:24 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
That is very interesting.. my first guess was that a knock-off copy would be inferior quality, but judging ONLY from the photos in the listing, it looks to be very comparable to the Lagun. I hope you will provide more photos and feedback because at that price it could be a great option.

You might want to see my post about the Lagun mounting I did. The mount needs to be very good in case someone leans or trips on the table. I also choose offset table mounting as it gave be more options for placement.. I spent a lot of time planning all the details and testing various configs. https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...yst-77423.html
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp