LCD TV Wall Mount - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium and Compact Jr
Saw this site on the net and was wondering if anyone has used one of these mounts.
Plan to mount a flat screen in my Trillium. Was wondering also what support would be needed behind the closet wall for say a 15" TV. Wanted to use the Portable Cantilever LCD403 model for $89.95 so as to keep the TV inside my home out of the cold and to use in the house when not camping. Also wanted to be able to carry the TV in the tow vehicle for a smoother ride.
Thanks, Terry site info: http://www.mastermounts.com/
Terry Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 95 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft
It looks like a great mount to me.. Like that it unmounts easy to move or take down.. Would think a modest back-up plate of wood or metal would support it on the cupboard, since you will take down whem traveling.. I know my 15" is not that heavy, but I mount mine with clips on the rear window frames & take down when traveling also. Made a foam lined pillow case to store it in & pack our pillows around it whem traveling.... Later, Kenn
kconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I am a big fan of Monoprice for products like this. There home theater cabling and tv mount pricing is hard to beat. Here is a link to the their LCD mounts - about 1/2 way down are the mounts similar to what master mounts has:

Monoprice LCD Mounts
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Hi Terry,

I think the answer to your question is to block the cabinet wall with 3/4" plywood. Remove the paneling inside the cabinet and glue the blocking in place. The blocking should fill the cavity between the framing. If you are careful, the work won't be visible.

There is an article in the Nov 2008 Trailer Life about installing an LCD TV in a Bigfoot camper that didn’t have the factory blocking (p51-3). The work was done by RV Interior Design, Woodland, WA. The article has good illustrations detailing the necessary steps to modify a cabinet wall to support the articulating mount for the TV. The article should apply to trailers and motor homes as well. I have not done this myself. The source for the mount is Master Mounts.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #5

Trailer: 2004 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Hello Terry
The link below is one I'am considering,I found the same one at different web sites priced from $22.00 to $100.00 .
Good luck finding one to suit you
http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?P...amp;ProdID=4296
Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
For anyone interested the LCD-TV mount used in the Trailer Life article is LCD 203 from Master Mounts.

LCD 203 TRIPLE PIVOT MOUNT $69.95
LCD-203 # 94136 Full Motion
The cantilever arm allows horizontal extension and 180 deg of lateral rotation for viewing from multiple locations. This flat panel TV wall mount tilts, swivels, pans, and articulates. Low profile design, folds flat against the wall. Extends up to 14.5" from wall.
Holds screens 12" to 27"+ up to 25 pounds.
Durable Powder-coated Silver Finish. Cast Aluminum Construction.
VESA 75, 100, 100x200, 200
Mounting Hardware + User Manual Included.
Unit Size: 14.5" x 12.75" x 10" ~ 2.5#
Also Available at Target.com

The advantage of this model is full motion, allowing viewing from multiple locations. Might be important in a small camper. This is stated to be the model Bigfoot uses in their LCD-TV prep package. We haven't done this yet; still using the CRT.

Edited for strange characters. What's strange about (?) inside a black diamond?
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We upgraded to a large LCD TV for the bedroom and now have a 19" LCD available for use in our UHaul VT. We've been using a 10" Polaroid with DVD player, but the picture is small, especially with letterboxing. I just ordered the MasterMount portable unit mentioned above and will install it when it comes. I'll let you know how it works with the 19". I know my wife will like the large picture size for the movies we watch. (Yes, I will have to put a small DVD player in the cupboard above the TV, since it is no longer built-in.) I'll also have to look for a suitable carrying case for the 19" TV to keep it safe while traveling. The padded pillowcase sounds like an idea worth trying.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Bailey

The mount you are thinking about is the one we use. ... works great. Jim reinforced the cabinet above with a piece of wood inside the cabinet. We never take the TV down and it rides great in the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0151_1_copy.jpg  
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote