leaky wheel wells. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Im having a problem with water leaking into the trailer from the wheel wells. I've sealed the seams and the problem seems to be the actual gelcoat. I place a water hose on low and put it into the well starting from the bottom where the seam is and no leaks till I get about 3 inches up. I dont see any holes or cracks but water comes through quick. then I tried it all along the rest of the well and its coming in there to. The waters coming in at the edge of the floor and well. When I put the hose on the edge, no water. I've tried sealing a small spot with spray on bed linner then used rubberize under coating . Slowed but no real help. Any comments what my next step should be ? I'm ready to use thick rubber pond linner to use as an actual physical barrier, not sure how I'll get it to stick. Thanks.
michael robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
is the buro a double shell? and you cant see the inside of the leaking shell untill water comes out second shell?
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
You coated it with exactly the same stuf that I would have used however the problem now is that you may have to remove it norder to do other things.

A professional bed liner could spray their stuff in there or you could try HERCULINER see:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Liquid-Bed-Liners...in_dim_search=1

A rubber membrane is a great idea if U can get it to stick. Contact cement?
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote