Leaky windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2021, 02:34 PM   #1

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: Burro
AR
Leaky windows

I have recently purchased a 1979 Burro. It needs some TLC. I replaced the roof vent and have new seam cover for it. My problem is the windows. They all need to be removed and new seals installed. I am a pretty good do it your selfer when I know what to get. Does anyone out there know what the rubber trim is called that goes around each window? Mine is all cracked from sitting in the sun. Thanks for your help.
JKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We had leaks! Sudden onslaught this summer.

Had to remove and re-bed all the windows in new tape. Replaced most of the old seals and did some window frame repairs and glass replacement as well.

Boler windows sound like they are a different setup show some pictures so people can help you.

Now all is dry.

Replaced the vent caps and window weirs 2 years prior due to leaks.

Many rivets leaked but we have a boler, got replacement Stanley closed end marine rivets to fix that and replacing them as needed already over 2/3 changed.

Leaks are a problem; again post some pictures of the needed parts and window type. Pictures are best way to get help.

Tags
windows