Leaving the fiberglass community - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2021, 12:18 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2019 16' Scamp; tow vehicle: 2010 Ford Escape V6
Michigan
Leaving the fiberglass community

Hi all. Well, we had a 2015 13' Scamp that we sold in 2018 in order to upgrade to a 16' 2019 Scamp (picked up December 2018) and now we have a 2021 Puma 12FBX on order. The Puma's bathroom, bigger bed, outside storage and a few other things prompted the switch. Now we are going to be selling the Scamp. It's a layout 4, but with the utility room instead of the bathroom, although we did have a window and exhaust fan installed in the utility room, so it is suitable for a porta-potti. Lots of extra options, but no air conditioner (prep only - Scamp said it would be around $900 and an hour's work for them to install one).

We called Scamp and they are currently 20 months out for delivery of new orders (2023 models) and they have raised prices quite a bit, although they are now including more things that used to be options. We will be asking $19,500 for our trailer BUT we can't sell it until we get a firm delivery date on the Puma, which makes advertising it difficult. If anyone thinks they might be interested please let me know!

Also, what are some good sites to list it on? I tried the Classifieds here but got a canned message saying I didn't have permission to post there. One other site I used last time seems to have no traffic now. We're pretty out of the way near Calumet, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Anyway, any ideas on finding a home for this would be appreciated. Not going to use Craigslist or Facebook as there are far too many scammers hanging out there!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5850  longggg logs southern MS or AL.jpg  
Keweenaw Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:45 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Now that you have made your intention known, I predict you'll have a buyer lined up soon based on this post alone!

If not, you can list at:
www.fiberglassclassifieds.com (the classified section of this forum)
www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com (run by a forum member, and scam-free)
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I have sold many things over the years on both C/L and F/B marketplace. Its really super easy to avoid scammers. Just ask a simple non-threatening question in your ad, and make it crystal clear. Something like "Scammers are killing C/L right now. So you must reply with your first name and zip code. Otherwise, I will sadly have to delete your response. Thanks in advance for helping rid C/L of scammers!"

Once I get a legitimate response, the second thing I do is I got a free Google phone number. I do not give out my "real" phone number. Instead I use the Google phone number which by the way automatically screens your calls.

If you avoid C/L and FB marketplace, you are avoiding where 95% of the buyers are.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp, vin