LED Lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #1

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
I am looking to replace my interior lights with LED lights. I am wondering about the brightness of these lights. I see many replacements but what have you used and where have you purchased? How many LEDs per light is needed?
I want to replace my exterior door light on my Burro. It curently has a behive type round fixture there. For this exterior light what brightness/number of LEDs do I want? I also think I am going to have to change from a beehive to some other style although I would prefer to keep the beehive old school look.
Also I have the standard interior square lights. Would like to replace those by either changing out bulb to LED conversion of some sort or just replace fixture with new LED type if not to much money.
And the last picture of some sort of adjustable light that points at the table location I'm not sure what to do about that. It just needs to be replaced as it does not secure in any possition anymore.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior_Light.jpg   Interior_Lights.jpg  

Interior_Lights__1_.jpg  
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #2

Please give me as much specific info as you can when replying. Where purchased and stock number if you have that info from a website order.

Thanks all
Dave
Old 07-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler
Hi Dave,
If you are on 'Facebook' check out 'I Own a Boler' - someone just replaced their outside light and he put all the details on there.. If you are not on there, I can copy the post for you! Just let me know!
ErinLeighRobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Dave,

The Jumbo 24 LED are the one's I use to replace the plastic 12V in the Scamp. Used Cold Cathode tubes to replace the fluorescent over the dinette.

These folks are great to work with.

Autolumination
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Dave,

The Jumbo 24 LED are the one's I use to replace the plastic 12V in the Scamp. Used Cold Cathode tubes to replace the fluorescent over the dinette.

These folks are great to work with.

Autolumination
Could you point me to the Jumbo 24 LED you used on the website at Autolumination?
I don't have anything over the dinette. Could you show me what you used in a picture or website location please. These Cathode tubes sound interesting?
I plan on mostly bonedocking so I want to conserve battery power obviously. I was always looking for the smallest RV I could find because of the locations I want to access up on Kiaser Pass in the Sierras near here.
Thanks
dave
Old 07-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #6

Another thought... is it possible to attach a dimmer to an LED 12volt light? My thought is I like the idea of having an exterior light on at the trailer at night. I was thinking it would be nice to dim the light at night when needed and still be able to have it bright at other times of loading and unloading. Would not leave it on all night.
Has anyone done any other perimiter lighting of their FGRV at night?
Dave
Old 07-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #7

Dave,

Just scroll down the autolumination page I sent you above. First one is the Jumbo 24 LED.

Here is pic of it mounted

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	9089

The toggle bank near it controls all the lighting in the Scamp so we don't have to get out of bed to shut lights on or off.

Cold Cathode

Here is pic of dinette. You can just make out the twin CC tubes if under the overhead cabinets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCathode.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	9090
Old 07-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #8

[quote]Dave,

Just scroll down the autolumination page I sent you above. First one is the Jumbo 24 LED.

Here is pic of it mounted

Attachment 9089

The toggle bank near it controls all the lighting in the Scamp so we don't have to get out of bed to shut lights on or off.

Cold Cathode

Here is pic of dinette. You can just make out the twin CC tubes if under the overhead cabinets.

Attachment 9090

uh....duh... How stupid am I!? You mean the one with the BIG JUMBO ELEPHANT showcasing it on the website.....I mean THE VERY FIRST LED LIGHT on there. stupid stupid stupid Dave..
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #9

Actually, the next one down, the Psycho Dome Light could be fun, but after a few hours in a 13 footer with that one could need some medical attention.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Hi Dave,
If you are on 'Facebook' check out 'I Own a Boler' - someone just replaced their outside light and he put all the details on there.. If you are not on there, I can copy the post for you! Just let me know!
I am not on Facebook. If it's something easy to copy please do.
and Thanks
Dave

Tags
led lights, lighting, lights