Light above sink not working - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2023, 09:33 PM   #1

Name: Dru
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Light above sink not working

All the rest of the lights are working fine except the one above the sink. I even made sure it was not the bulb and it is not. I could not find a loose wire, battery connections are good. The pumps are working fine. Any ideas? The crazy thing is it was fine this morning.
It is a 2016 13ft scamp with bath1

Thanks,
Pygmy owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 10:20 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
There is not much to go wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy owl View Post
All the rest of the lights are working fine except the one above the sink. I even made sure it was not the bulb and it is not. Thanks,
Get out the volt meter or test light and check for power before the switch.(or just switch it several times and see if it starts working.)
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:59 AM   #3

Colorado
Thank you.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:54 AM   #4
dgt

Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot 21'
British Columbia
I had the same problem. Ground fault in the circuit has tripped.
dgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 11:51 AM   #5

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: Looking for
Pennsylvania
2015 Scamp 13

I had the same thing happen in our Scamp. The culprit was a salt shaker stored in the above sink cabinet tumbled around and salt went through the wire holes jamming up and corroding the switch. I had to fully replace the light fixture which was tedious because the original was mounted with 8 pop-rivets. I mounted the replacement with bolts and caulked the holes to prevent future failure.
Pocket_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 01:04 PM   #6

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket_jon View Post
I had the same thing happen in our Scamp. The culprit was a salt shaker stored in the above sink cabinet tumbled around and salt went through the wire holes jamming up and corroding the switch. I had to fully replace the light fixture which was tedious because the original was mounted with 8 pop-rivets. I mounted the replacement with bolts and caulked the holes to prevent future failure.
I found a bunch of pepper in the light. I did not know it was there because I bought the trailer used. So I think the same thing happened here. I am going to order a fixture as soon as Scamp has them in stock. Hopefully, that fixes it.
Thank you, guys.
Old 08-19-2023, 04:33 PM   #7

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
Time for LED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy owl View Post
I am going to order a fixture as soon as Scamp has them in stock. Hopefully, that fixes it. Thank you, guys.
If you search Amazon for "rv dome light" you may save some money on shipping. It is expensive to ship from Backus.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 08:06 PM   #8

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
If you search Amazon for "rv dome light" you may save some money on shipping. It is expensive to ship from Backus.
Thanks!

Tags
light