Lil Snoozy door height - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2018, 02:49 AM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Vintage Cruiser 19ERD
Michigan
Lil Snoozy door height

Hey Lil Snoozy owners!

I was wondering: does anyone know the height(with trailer level, of course) from the ground to the door threshold plate? We've ordered our LS and are now researching all the stuff to potentially add to it! One of the items I'm considering is a fold-up step (I didn't much care for the look of the optional step from the factory), such as the 2-step MORryde or some similar product. I'm assuming that, over the years, design changes would affect this dimension, so anyone with the newer frame trailer and sprung axle (versus the torque axles), could you put a measuring tape up to it, please? One of the many things I didn't think of when I visited the factory . We could always go with one of the myriad of available free-standing platform/steps, but I have time to research my options.
Yes, I could bother Amy at the factory with this, but I prefer to hold my questions for those good folks for only the most important issues affecting our build; I don't want to slow the process! No, I'm going to bother all YOU good folks with all my silly what-if questions . So, anyone?
Kevin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #2

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
Kevin,

We have an August 2017 delivery Snoozy. The height to the top of the frame at the rear of the trailer is about 19.5 inches. The threshold of the door is another 3.75 inches higher. But be aware that the door extends below the threshold and is a little more than 2.5 inches above the frame. So whatever you use needs to be lower than about 22 inches when in use.

We use an aluminum step stool that we keep just inside the door when travelling. It works fine.

Roxanne and Doug
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:24 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Kevin, this is what we use on our 2014 LS bolted to the rear bumper. You can check out their webstie to find something that will work for you.
Dave & Paula
Attached Thumbnails
23E1C2EE-94F5-40ED-AB96-E1C8AFE2228A.jpg   AE5957A9-6301-4712-9E84-505D3B1BE804.jpg  

2DE5E215-4ED4-46B9-80B9-F35C78016B98.jpg   79C0A03C-7F7A-4449-A8AE-76250927CEF6.jpg  

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:16 PM   #4

Michigan
Doug,

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

An independent step is our fall back plan but, currently I'm enamored with attached steps that fold up into the door opening and make solid contact with the ground. I first this style attached to a small travel trailer at a local rv dealer; that trailer had a rear door entrance, and that is what led me to finding the Lil Snoozy, as I searched on line for other small travel trailers with a similar door configuration. We'll see what time and further rumination leads to in my step plan.

Thanks again.

Kevin
Old 11-30-2018, 11:18 PM   #5

Michigan
David,

Thank you for troubling to post the pictures. I have not seen that particular configuration of steps before. I will check out that website. Thanks!

Kevin
Old 11-30-2018, 11:38 PM   #6

Michigan
Dave,

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but I have to comment on your twin rear bumper mounted trunks... those look cool! I saw a similar storage solution used by an Egg owner who was kind enough to show us his rig at a rally earlier this fall. His configuration involved the use of battery boxes mounted on a rack that he had attached to the rear carriage of his trailer. Always need that additional storage!

Kevin
Old 12-01-2018, 01:38 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Kevin, if you should cross Dave B's path, be sure to get his "tour" as he's done a lot of upgrades on his LS.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:45 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin7 View Post
Dave,

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but I have to comment on your twin rear bumper mounted trunks... those look cool! I saw a similar storage solution used by an Egg owner who was kind enough to show us his rig at a rally earlier this fall. His configuration involved the use of battery boxes mounted on a rack that he had attached to the rear carriage of his trailer. Always need that additional storage!

Kevin
Thanks Kevin. The motorcycle saddle bags were an Amazon purchase. It is amazing that I can put water filter, regulator, hose, fill adapter, level, various electrical adapters (50amp-30amp and 30amp-15amp), wheel chocks, WD40, outdoor thermometer, etc. in those small storage bags. I stole the idea from someone on this site many years ago, who either had a burro or Uhaul.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy