Lil'Snoozy owners : please contact me - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #61

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Makes my point. Takes a village.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #62

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
lil snoozy has a cabinet maker that makes their woodwork for them as well... farming it out because you can't afford all the equiptment. As long as the quality level is high its fine. Im real happy with the woodwork on my ParkLiner. In the fall I might add a coat or 2 more of the spar varnish to further seal it and sand between coats to get it silky smooth.

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #63

Name: Tommy
Trailer: Smokin' Concepts
Texas
Couldn't be Happier

Ruth,
So sorry your experience with your Lil Snoozy was so frustrating. We have #147 and have experienced none of the issues mentioned in this thread. The closest is one drawer not staying shut, but I fixed that with a $0.98 metal spring clip from HD, this was not a Lil Snoozy flaw but the the manufacturer of the door latch. I experienced a little slow gray water tank drainage but found much depended on the angle of the drive at the clean out station.
This is my first RV but have had countless boats and none have been perfect right out of the shoot. I have done several small modifications to personalize our Lil Snoozy as I plan on having this trailer for many years to come. The unique design, durability of the shell and construction methods are what sold me on the product. The simplicity of the added features give me confidence most any flaw that does show up over the miles I can repair or replace with minimal effort or expense.
All in all we love our trailer and would and do recommend it to the many folks I end up giving tours to (most by their request).
Ya got to admit it is an attention getter!
CHEERS TO LIL SNOOZY!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5223.jpg  
TLG4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #64

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
It's nice to hear from the fan club- we're all glad for those of you Snoozers that haven't had to deal with the kind of defect(s) that the O.P. (and evidently at least one other person) has!

I'll also be interested to hear about the ultimate resolution of the "open hole" problem found by Mike shortly after he got home with his trailer and the other problems the unit seems to have developed in the interim.

It's been almost three months since this whole saga began- I'm not sure what we are to make of its evidently ongoing (unresolved?) nature...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #65

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
TLG4FUN,
I think the yellow tug and your striping makes for the ultimate match.
Looks good. Let's see, wife has yellow drink, yellow food on the stove,
and yellow plate on the table. Hmmmm, somebody likes yellow. lol.
Hope there was plenty of yellow sunshine. Great pic.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #66

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I see a fishing pole in the back ground but I do not see any fish on the grill cooking??
Those eggs are huge, got to go eat some breakfast now!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #67

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I'll also be interested to hear about the ultimate resolution of the "open hole" problem found by Mike shortly after he got home with his trailer...
I just skimmed through this entire thread, and confirmed that no "open hole" ever existed, or was ever reported by Mike or anyone else (other than Herschel's "blow hole" joke ). It was a cosmetic flaw in the gelcoat.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #68

Texas
Jim,
The fishing in this area has been very very slow since the drought. Heard today that the two major Highland lakes reservoirs are so low there are no public boat ramps open on either Lake (Travis or Buchanan). We were camping at Inks Lake a constant level lake between the previous two. There was a tournament that morning with a lot of long faces returning to the dock with empty stringers. We’ll all continue to pray for rain here.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #69

Texas
Brian,
Thanks for double checking thought I was missing something. Closest I found was a leaking window and if I remember correctly the manufacturer of the windows has an improved gasket available. As with many other products how best to test them but to get them out being used, as long as the improvements and fixes are dealt with in an accommodating manner by the manufacturer, can we ask much more?
Should I be mad a God for letting our lakes dry up?
I'm sure he'll fill them again _/)_
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #70

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I think that is the aforementioned cosmetic flaw in the gelcoat. No leak from that, but it looks bad.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #71

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I think that in most cases, Casita being an exception, one has to return to the factory for such work, whereas with conventionally built trailers one can have such work performed just about anywhere.

Or am I wrong about that? I'm basing this conclusion only on the little that's published on the various websites, and of course postings in forums.
I suspect you may be wrong. I know that at last one other manufacture - Escape - has arranged for problems that came up to be fixed while the owners where on the road rather than having the owner return to their factory.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #72

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I suspect you may be wrong. I know that at last one other manufacture - Escape - has arranged for problems that came up to be fixed while the owners where on the road rather than having the owner return to their factory.
That's good to hear, Carol!

Like I said, I only based my statement on the little that's on the various websites per warranty work, and Casita's the only one I could find that went so far as to say they'd likely hook folks up with someone more local to the owner/trailer.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #73

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm going to suspend this discussion for awhile to let things settle down, everyone has their opinions but little known facts. So rather than criticize one another let's take a break. We will convene again after lunch.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #74

Pennsylvania
Registry
I have reopened this thread and it will be monitored for content. Please keep your posts on topic and related to the subject. Please refrain from criticizing other members ideas or thoughts. Hopefully other Lil Snoozy owners will participate now that things have settled down.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #75

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Just a reminder. If you find a thread to be getting under your skin but can't drive by without rubbernecking, click on Thread Tools at the top of the page of that thread. Click on Ignore Thread in the pull down menu and the thread will not appear in your updated posts list.

Similarly, if someone is driving you crazy with their posting style, Click on User CP at the top of the page, then in Settings and Options click on Edit Ignore List. Add your least favorite poster's screen name to the list and poof, their posts will disappear to you.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #76

Pennsylvania
Registry
Good advice Tom, thanks.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #77

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Hear, hear & hear!

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #78

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
The only problem we had was the ac was not big enough Allen put in a larger one at no charge was BTU standard I think the 8000 Btu is now standard . Condensation was also a problem I ask a lot of ? from just about everyone , leave windows cracked a little that takes care of it unless it is real humid then the fan on low that will do it . I saw that prototype at 15 that would have been a real good buy . All in All I have had 6 RV`s 4 Casitas 1 Big foot fiver 1 class c .All were good the snooz is # 7 has been the one we enjoy the most , would do it again .
Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #79

Name: MIKE
Trailer: LiL SNOOZY
Tennessee
Lil'snoozy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSCRAM View Post
I have a serious problem with my new Lil'Snoozy. Thanks, Mike AMSCRAM@HOTMAIL.COM
My wife and I would like to thank everyone that offered help, advice and support. We want to also apologize for being tardy in our response.

First we would like to confirm that we are still in love with #148 and the LIL'SNOOZY team can not be matched.
The main concern (laminate separation) was fixed and continues to remain stable and no longer a problem.
The small leak continues (small amounts of water under the sink - can not find source) but the expert design of the LIL'SNOOZY has made it not problematic.
Our new concerns seem to be the same as other owners and that is the condensation, and the sticky white interior surface.
We also suspect that the flooring will need to be replaced with a material that ''breaths'' and dries under it. A hint of questionable "mold" has appeared around the edge of the original flooring in front of the door.

We would like to thank the Smoak team for a great product and service.
AMSCRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #80

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Glad to hear everything has turned out well. I anticipated good results from the Smoak team. I have found them to be very customer oriented. After owning our Snoozy for a year and having pulled it over 6K miles I feel they have a superior product to all the other popular brands of glass trailers I have seen and researched. I do have to say here that I have yet to see an ESCAPE which have I read very good things about on this forum. After talking to owners of other popular brands that I have seen it is apparent that all brands have their pros and cons. It is my belief that the small cons I have experienced with the Snoozy to be far less serious than I have heard from owners of those other brands that I did see.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote