List of seals to restore old style scamp jaloused windows - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #21

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Mike, it looks like the same window from what I can see.
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #22

Name: Tyson
Trailer: In the works
British Columbia
missing link

Hi

Any chance someone knows where to get that new window pane replacement gasket material... the link (for item #4 on your list)
Doesnt take you to one product... id like to replace these while I have my windows pulled.
TyRillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
This is a very old thread you are responding to, April of 2011
But don't fear, we can help you.
If your trailer is a Boler then these are the gaskets you need

The side Jalousie windows use 3-4 different seals, these seals fit into grooves on the window frames that are easy to access if you have the windows out and apart.

Along the top this gray vinyl seal is used on the header (Top) of Boler side jalousie windows. It is 7/8″ tall. The T at the top is approximately 1/8″ wide and slides into an 1/8″ channel on the top edge of each window frame
Jalousie Header Seal

Along both sides a silicon rubber “J” seal slides into an 1/8″ channel on the side edge of each window frame
Jalousie J-Seal

The bottom pane of glass closes against this seal. The seal fits in a channel and is held in place without adhesives, but the channel is often crimped, the crimp can be opened up by carefully inserting a small screwdriver into the slot and twisting gently.
Jalousie Window Seal

Between the 2 two window panes I used a “P” weather-strip available at most home improvement stores
Comfort Plus | EPDM Rubber P - 11/32 In. X 7/32 In. X17' | Home Depot Canada
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #24

Name: Tyson
Trailer: In the works
British Columbia
Thanks for the quick reply

I have the Jelousie style or "surfside" style windows... i have a 1975 Trillium 1300

I've removed them all and so far I've figured out the plastic covers I need to order to replace the dried and cracked plastic covers over the stainless screws which mount the windows to the camper

I've also seen that it's just Butyl tape that makes the seal and will order the 1/8" x 1" and clean up the excess as it oozes out after the install

The gaskets... or window lock... or window glaze....is what I'm after.
(not sure what these are actually called as they seem to be referred to differently here and there)
I need them for the aluminum window frames around the glass panes which can come right off of the main aluminum frames and are easily taken apart

Can you confirm any part number or measurement I should stick to for a proper tight leak free install?

Thanks again

Ty
TyRillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #25

Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Burro
Tennessee
Contributing Information

This thread was very helpful to me in locating Hehr window gasket/seal/trim. We have a 1989 Burro (sold the 83 in the picture) and according to Hehr Manufacturing it is either the 4800 series or 8700 series. I have determined that the Insterstate RV Metal & Supply Interstate RV Metal & Supply has the two parts I needed. The numbers are 009-482 in black and 009-344 in black. The glass thickness determines the part number. Our glass is 1/8th inch. As of today the prices are 2.65 a foot for the 482 and 1.15 a foot for the 344. Happy camping!

Tags
scamp, windows