Location breaker panel on 2008 Scamp 13' ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Oregon
Registry
Question Location breaker panel on 2008 Scamp 13' ?

We have a 2008 13' Scamp. It has no AC but does have both the electric and the gas heaters. I've looked at the wiring diagram. I've searched under seats, inside cabinets, everywhere I can see but haven't found the breaker panel/converter. Tell me that it's not behind the fridge please.
Perhaps I don't know what I'm looking at. What size is it? (However, I see nothing even resembling a panel ... something with wires running to/from and looks even remotely like a breaker panel.) I've asked Scamp but have no response to that specific question.
Thank you.
Mike L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #2

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Is there a panel under the frig? In our 03' it was under the dinette seat. In our 2010 19' it is under the fridge.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

Oregon
Registry
I do hope it's not under or behind the fridge. It appears that if it is I'd have to pull out the fridge. Seems like a dopey place to put it. Why not make is accessible and located in a place with better air flow for cooling? (Yeah, I know, you didn't design it.) ;-) Thank you.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Follow your external power cable into the trailer it will take you to your converter/panel. My 2005 S-13 converter was under the drivers side dinette bench. The older Scamps W/O converters had a two breaker A/C panel over the drivers side wheel well under the sink on the S-13.
Attached Thumbnails
100_3991.jpg  
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #5

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
There should be a panel below the fridge door. That is the breaker panel and the converter. If you take the look under the dinette seat towards the fridge you will see the converter but it it much easier to look at when you unscrew the front plate.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #6

Oregon
Registry
Unhappy Nope

I've repeatedly looked under the front bench, the rear dinette benches, including standing on my head inside. I've done the same inside the cabinets below the sink. I've traced the wiring from the front and from the side (shore power) and find no visible breaker panel or converter. There's no panel below the fridge. (The carpet comes up the kick panel there. I suppose I could pull it loose and look but I don't feel anything there. Anyone have thoughts on that. If your panel access is there was it covered by carpet?
Mostly I'm dreading pulling the fridge.
Thanks again everyone.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1971
Mike, it would not be behind the fridge. It has to be readily accessable. On my 16 footer it is under the rear dinette on the road side. I posted a couple of pics as to what to look for. In the second picture you can see the 120volt breakers on the right side and the 12volt fuses on the left side. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2124.JPG   IMG_2125.JPG  

Jerry71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry71 View Post
Mike, it would not be behind the fridge. It has to be readily accessable. On my 16 footer it is under the rear dinette on the road side. I posted a couple of pics as to what to look for. In the second picture you can see the 120volt breakers on the right side and the 12volt fuses on the left side. I hope this helps.

Same as my 2006 13'.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L. View Post
We have a 2008 13' Scamp. It has no AC but does have both the electric and the gas heaters. I've looked at the wiring diagram. I've searched under seats, inside cabinets, everywhere I can see but haven't found the breaker panel/converter. Tell me that it's not behind the fridge please.
Perhaps I don't know what I'm looking at. What size is it? (However, I see nothing even resembling a panel ... something with wires running to/from and looks even remotely like a breaker panel.) I've asked Scamp but have no response to that specific question.
Thank you.
One other thought Mike, I have never heard of an electric heat option in a Scamp.(Or any other brand as far as that goes) Except for a heat tape in the A/C. And you stated you do not have A/C. Is it possible what you are thinking is the electric heater, is actually the converter/breaker panel? Just a thought.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Okay, my 1988 16' trailer is a whole bunch older than yours and bigger... but the fuse panel/breaker box on mine, is in a tiny door under the "closet" next to the refrigerator on the drivers side (I also have a deluxe).
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #11

Oregon
Registry
Confession: I'm an idiot.
You know, I am a decent mechanic, ok with wood, good at yard projects, gardens, home repairs, etc. I STINK at electricity.
I had NO idea that the breaker panel/converter was so large! I had in my tiny brain that it was a smallish item, perhaps the size of a four-plug electrical outlet. I've been looking at the thing all along and was not seeing it as what it is.
Correct ...there's no electric heater in the Scamp. And yes the photos and info from Jerry71 finally beat the fact into my brain. Thank you Jerry!
Worst part? I now have to confess my ignorance to my wife. Guys, you know how that hurts.
Thanks to everyone.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #12

Mike that's why we all like this forum. There are a lot of folks here that can help you with no matter what your problem or question is regarding your fiberglass trailer. How you explain things to your wife, well, you are on your own there. But if it is any consolation, you aren't the first one to have to do that either. And you won't be the last.
Good Luck.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #13

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Whow, slow down there dont go confessing to the wife just yet! Its electrical, it produces heat Your covered there. You dont have to confess on our part we wont tell unless you show up at a rally and your deeds get exposed. Its easy to get overlooked since it has a hidden pannel for the fuses and no exposed switches.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp