Looking for Blue Trillium 4500 Tire or Tank covers? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Sorry Dave,
I missed your recent post. Tom said he has ordered them. He gave me some details on payment and shipping that I wanted to discuss with him before posting or contacting people. The delay on that has been my fault, I got busy with a few things on my end.

Barbara,
You should be OK for the tire and tank covers, Tom said he was going to add a few extra to his order. He currently stocks some of the items and the blue decal items have yet to be finalized and ordered.

Let's hope I get some time tonight or over the weekend to get my part together. I also want to connect with Tom. Thanks for the reminder.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #22

Black Friday pricing for the Blue Covers

Hi All,

I apologize for the delay. It has been a busy fall for me followed by the loss of my hard drive that contained all the information for the special parts orders I’ve been arranging for your Trillium with Tom from Trillium RV.

To simplify things for Tom he has requested your orders be split into 3 parts as follows:

1. The tire and tank covers with blue logos
· They have been ordered and will be ready in late December
· These are made and shipped in Ontario and subject to the local HST of 13% before shipping.
· With taxes included tire covers are $50.85 each
· With taxes included tank covers are $47.46 each
· Shipping is a flat $15 tax included.
·Bonus Deal for Payments received by Christmas
·Tire & Bottle Covers each $41.00 Tax Included
· + $15 Pack & Ship - Merry Christmas!

2. Small items can be included on this order to save shipping. Email & arrange directly with Tom at Parts@TrilliumRV.com
· http://trilliumrv.wordpress.com/parts/
· http://trilliumrv.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/webcustpartsorder.pdf
· Payment can be combined with your cover order.

3. The BLUE decals and stripes
· Not ordered yet but expect to have them ready by in late January.
· These are being done in the USA, and shipped from there
· Details to follow

Tom has indicated he will be at the Jan or Feb Toronto RV show: http://www.rvshowtoronto.ca/ . You can pick up items from 1 and 2 above from him there saving on shipping. Prepayment required.

Payment in $US by check or money order the can be sent Tom in AZ using the order form in 2 above.

Canadians can send payment in $CDN via interact email transfer to Parts@TrilliumRV.com if you bank online or use mobile banking.
This will require a separate email to Tom listing your order, your FiberglassRV ID, your email address, shipping address, phone number and the password you chose for the Interac transfer.
Please put the subject line as Blue Covers.

Alternative in Canada:
Send am email to Parts@TrilliumRV.com to request a deposit slip for Trillium’s account. That can mailed to BNS as a direct deposit. Send confirming email with details or scanned deposit info.

If you are in Southern Ontario and want to save on shipping and meet up with me, have Tom ship your orders along with my order. I’m in Toronto near the 400/401 and plan on being at both the Cobourg East and Bolerama meets in 2014.

I'll send a PM with a link to this Post to everyone that has indicated they want a cover.
Please send me a PM when you have paid so I can update my lists.

Roy
Old 12-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #23

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G)
Just checking in to see if anyone has received their orders yet?

A tad cautious now hearing that Tom may have sold production back to a Canadian Company? Is he/Tom still in business?
Dave_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #24

Name: Bob
Trailer: Trillium
Idaho
I haven't received mine yet. I was just getting ready to try to email Trillium. My order was mailed at the end of November.
Palindromexox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post

1. The tire and tank covers with blue logos
· They have been ordered and will be ready in late December
Please put the subject line as Blue Covers.

Please send me a PM when you have paid so I can update my lists.

Roy
I'll try to give Tom a call on Monday. Nobody has sent me a PM saying their order has been placed and paid as requested, so it is hard for me to follow up on what is happening. I've been wondering what the response rate has been from those that originally said they wanted something.

AFAIK I'm the only one that has paid. Some info would be helpful folks. Have cheques cleared or emailed interac cleared? Did you follow the instructions and send an email to Tom with the subject Blue Covers?

If I were to guess, he is waiting for the Christmas deadline to pass with the special pricing before shipping. Plus since they are being made up here, I imagine things will be shipped when he is in town for the Toronto RV show in mid January.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #26

Name: James
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New Jersey
I emailed Tom after we spoke to confirm the instructions and the Christmas deadline price
and said i was ready to send everything out to him i asked him just to give me the ok that i had all the instructions correct as they are a little confusing. Been two weeks he never got back to me .
cheenyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #27

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
This is ground control to Major Tom, your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom?....
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #28

Tom

I'm giving Tom until Jan 1st to reply in some sort of way before I start seeking a refund.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
I'll try to give Tom a call on Monday. Nobody has sent me a PM saying their order has been placed and paid as requested, so it is hard for me to follow up on what is happening. I've been wondering what the response rate has been from those that originally said they wanted something.

AFAIK I'm the only one that has paid. Some info would be helpful folks. Have cheques cleared or emailed interac cleared? Did you follow the instructions and send an email to Tom with the subject Blue Covers?

If I were to guess, he is waiting for the Christmas deadline to pass with the special pricing before shipping. Plus since they are being made up here, I imagine things will be shipped when he is in town for the Toronto RV show in mid January.
That's all fine Roy, but Tom needs to surface somewhere and provide some sort of timeline. Not even a receipt for payment or acknowledgement of email has happened. A pretty pi$$-poor business model.

edit: Just checked my bank and Tom has yet to accept my interac payment...
Old 12-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #30

Alberta
Registry
Umm..... I am not sure this is the best place to say this, but I just got off the phone with Joe Thoen at Trillium / Outback. He says that when he orders 10 at a time, he gets a good deal on both tank covers, (single and dual) and spare tire covers. He says he can get the Trillium logo. He did not give me a price, but if Tom does not come through, it is nice to know there are options. Since I would want at least 4, 14" tire covers, (probably six) that is nearly a full order there. My plan is to put forklift tanks on all my keeper Trilliums, (four so far). So, no tank covers for me.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #31

Time to pay up.

OK peeps, sounds like Tom has only received a fraction of the payments due for the covers (Tank & Tire). If you ordered one, it's time to do the right thing and now pay for it.

This was done on good will trusting that people will pay for their order once it comes in, lets not make the Trillium peeps at FGRV look bad or other RV companies may not want to help out in the future.

Taje advantage of the Christmas pricing which ends today....

Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #32

Hi All,
I've been in contact with Tom. He has graciously extended the special pricing till Jan 6, 2014. A few people have had trouble since the ice storm rolled into the NE on Dec 21. FYI a full week later 16,000 are still with out power here in Toronto, more expected to lose it again today.

It has not been easy trying to keep up with this. Lost the HD on my main computer on Nov 4. Paid big $$ for a recovery, data was returned on a refurbished drive which failed in the first hour. They still had a copy of my data and gave it to me again on an external drive. Been fighting with it for a week to get the system fully operational. At the point of formatting my new drive again and cloning an old recovery partition and rebuilding from there. Gotta love Seagate and their Data recovery service.

Here is an updated list from my last communication with Tom on Dec 26.

Paid

ckayaker
Dave_L
joe.stubbs
R. Hunter ??? - cannot link to an online name or my list
Roy in TO

Payments pending or details missing - things are in the works

BarbieB
cheenyc
Palindromexox
Pat Thomson

Not paid - MIA (mising in action)

cjacoby
David Tilston
Davo &/or his friend Jason
Dena in NL
Laxalt G
lucille
Mdeshurley
Mikmay
Mikmay (for Ron)
Noreen Bradshaw
Robert J
titatita

That's about a 40% response rate by individuals responding, much less for intended purchases when one factors in multiple items. I have to agree with Dave_L's comments above. With this reponse rate, I doubt Tom will be interested in doing the stripes and decals for us.

If I have any information wrong above please let me know so I can update my lists.
Thanks folks.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Umm..... I am not sure this is the best place to say this, but I just got off the phone with Joe Thoen at Trillium / Outback. He says that when he orders 10 at a time, he gets a good deal on both tank covers, (single and dual) and spare tire covers. He says he can get the Trillium logo. He did not give me a price, but if Tom does not come through, it is nice to know there are options. Since I would want at least 4, 14" tire covers, (probably six) that is nearly a full order there. My plan is to put forklift tanks on all my keeper Trilliums, (four so far). So, no tank covers for me.
To be fair, you did commit to a group buy no?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #34

I've sent reminder PM's to everyone that has expressed a desire to get in on this group buy but have yet to act.

Noreen Bradshaw has been bumped up to the middle group in the list.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #35

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_L View Post
To be fair, you did commit to a group buy no?
Yup. I sure did. Three in fact. Just a bit nervous with the lack of response from Tom.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #36

Name: Robert J
Trailer: TRILLIUM 4500
British Columbia
Blue Covers

Hi All;
Robert J here in Kamloops. Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year! I am sorry for the confusion around this little deal. I have paid for a tire cover as R. Hunter, so that should take one off the didn't pay list. My Interac payment went through before Christmas.
I am looking up another order from a brother-in-law, so that might take up one of the available Blue Covers.
Hope this helps. Have a great winter and get outside lots!
Robert J
PS The Trillium is spending New Year's Eve sheltering my new grandson (2 months old), and his Mom and Dad in the Coast Mtns 100 km west of Lillooet.
Back country skiing is great there!
Robert J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J View Post
I have paid for a tire cover as R. Hunter, so that should take one off the didn't pay list. ... I am looking up another order from a brother-in-law, so that might take up one of the available Blue Covers.
Congrats on the new grandson Robert; thanks for the update. Taking up one of the available covers for the BiL would be appreciated. You could tack that onto your order and save on shipping.

Time to update the list, at time of posting:

Paid

ckayaker
Dave_L
joe.stubbs
Pat Thomson
Robert J
Roy in TO

Payments pending or details missing - things are in the works

BarbieB
cheenyc
David Tilston
Noreen Bradshaw
Palindromexox

Not paid - MIA (mising in action)

cjacoby
Davo's friend Jason
Dena in NL
Laxalt G
lucille
Mdeshurley
Mikmay
Mikmay (for Ron)
titatita

The response rate is looking better, now more than half the people that said they wanted a cover have stepped up to the plate. I've sent PM's and emails to those on the bottom of the list. Please let me know if I've got something wrong.

I'm hoping that once the holiday travel season and the various weather based outages are over that these numbers will continue to improve. I know that here in Toronto, 9 days after the Ice Storm hit, 290 homes are still without power. It was a Chilly Christmas for many.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #38

Name: Charlie
Trailer: Trillium 4500 (1979)
Minnesota
How do I pay I still want mine.
cjacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #39

see post #22 link below
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post433062
Old 01-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #40

Update

Hi All,
Just a quick update.

On my end things went a bit beyond SNAFU in the last 2 months.
Lost my hard drive on my main computer Nov 5, 2013. One line in the manual for my Maxtor one touch drive, reveals that my backups don't restore the OS or programs, only data. I missed reading that a few years ago.

Since then:
Paid $1500 for data recovery with Seagate Data Recovery Services
They recovered most of it, sent it back as folders and files on a "Recertified Seagate" drive since my original was a Seagate under warranty. That drive failed within an hour before I could restore anything. Got my data back on a 2nd drive, well most of it, it appears they did not give me back any of my photos this time. I have to check into that. They did not return the hidden IBM service partition which is used to rebuild a drive with an Operating System and Software. Luckily I still had the original drive that came with the computer and I was able to clone that. Add in 2 days of updates for Windows XP and Office. I've been running off of webmail on my old laptop and using my Calender for work off of my PDA since then. I was in the final stages of syncing my calendar with my now restored Outlook when I lost the data on the PDA. (I needed that 2+ months of missing data retained for work by law ). All my software had to be reinstalled and reregistered (passwords are on failed drive). I could do a David Tilston http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ver-60777.html type post on what else has happened over the last 2 months, but here is a brief summary in no specific order:
Major Ice Storm
Power outage
No heat for a day
Minor emergency out patient surgery
Deep Freeze
Burst pipe
Basement Flooding
Minor Fender bender Xmas eve
Christmas and the holidays

My apologies if I have not been able to keep up on top of this along with my regula daily activities. I was finally able to connect to my email server and dowload all 545 messages a few hours ago. One of the recent emails was from Tom, Here is a summary:

The covers should be ready to ship in about 10 days; below is his list of paid and OK to ship when in, let me know if there is a problem:

13” Tire Cover (blue logo)

ckayaker
Noreen Bradshaw
Palindromexox
Pat Thomson (orange if possible)
Robert J
Roy in TO
Joe Stubs

14” Tire Cover (blue logo)

Dave_L
David Tilston (x3) ST205 75R14

Single Propane Tank Cover (blue logo)

Noreen Bradshaw
Pat Thomson (orange if possible)
Roy in TO (2)

Tom has sent emails with no response to:
cheenyc
Dena in NL

If you are not on this list something has gone wrong. Let us know.

Tom indicated he ordered the original amounts. This is not looking good on our community. It does not make me feel good, nor does it look good for those that might have wanted any of the blue decals. Maybe we need to do a prepay on that order if Tom would be willing to trust us again.

BTW, I've now switched to Western Digital hard drives, black edition. I'm wary of Seagate and their subsiduary Maxtor now.

Tags
trillium