Looking for jalousie pieces - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2016, 01:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Looking for jalousie pieces

I'm in the process of doing the windows on my Trillium, so I may as well fix them all up with new parts while they are out. So far I've been able to source most of the parts. But this one has me stumped. This is what they look like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	profile.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	99248 Click image for larger version

Name:	length.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	99249

The ruler is metric, each little line is a mm. The part is 0.350" wide and 0.395" high at the tallest point. They are about 1.25" long.

Basically they are plastic like the screw covers and they slip into each side of the frame for pane. I think they line up the window when closing and keep the window from shaking too much when traveling. Has anybody seen something like this? Where do I find them?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #2

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Roy can you post a picture of where these are located on the window.. I've got 8 Trilliums now and I've sold over 8 others and I've never seen that part on any of them to the best of my knowledge, then again if I see where they are located I might know exactly what your looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
I'm in the process of doing the windows on my Trillium, so I may as well fix them all up with new parts while they are out. So far I've been able to source most of the parts. But this one has me stumped. This is what they look like.

Attachment 99248 Attachment 99249

The ruler is metric, each little line is a mm. The part is 0.350" wide and 0.395" high at the tallest point. They are about 1.25" long.

Basically they are plastic like the screw covers and they slip into each side of the frame for pane. I think they line up the window when closing and keep the window from shaking too much when traveling. Has anybody seen something like this? Where do I find them?
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Roy can you post a picture of where these are located on the window.. I've got 8 Trilliums now and I've sold over 8 others and I've never seen that part on any of them to the best of my knowledge, then again if I see where they are located I might know exactly what your looking for...
You can see them when you open the window. They are on the sides. Only about 1.5" long. Most of mine are missing as well.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #4

All the ones on my Trilliums are gray if you are talking about the one that runs from the bottom to the top in one piece.. I've changed the top and bottom seals on mine before but the ones on the sides were in good shape.. Bought the top and bottom ones off Vintage Trailer Supply.. The top and bottom ones were a little difficult to remove until I found that heating them up made it a lot easier, after heating them they turn from hard and brittle to soft and stretchy and pulled right out.. Sprayed the new ones with WD40 and slid them right in... Don't know if this will help you on the sides.....
Old 09-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #5

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
All the ones on my Trilliums are gray if you are talking about the one that runs from the bottom to the top in one piece.. I've changed the top and bottom seals on mine before but the ones on the sides were in good shape.. Bought the top and bottom ones off Vintage Trailer Supply.. The top and bottom ones were a little difficult to remove until I found that heating them up made it a lot easier, after heating them they turn from hard and brittle to soft and stretchy and pulled right out.. Sprayed the new ones with WD40 and slid them right in... Don't know if this will help you on the sides.....
The plastic in question is not a seal. It is in the channel on the sides of each window pane, at the bottom. Like Roy said, they are probably for vibration control.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
The plastic in question is not a seal. It is in the channel on the sides of each window pane, at the bottom. Like Roy said, they are probably for vibration control.
Strange none I've ever owned had those...
Old 09-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #7

Alberta
Registry
A picture of one installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Clipboard01.jpg  
Old 09-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #8

Thanks Dave,

I've cropped and circled it on your photo for clarity.

Name:	clip.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	99254
Old 09-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Bought the top and bottom ones off Vintage Trailer Supply.. The top and bottom ones were a little difficult to remove until I found that heating them up made it a lot easier, after heating them they turn from hard and brittle to soft and stretchy and pulled right out.. Sprayed the new ones with WD40 and slid them right in... Don't know if this will help you on the sides.....
Thanks Randy,
I just ordered samples from VTS along with one of the Jalousie cranks or "Slant Sill Torque Operator # VTS -2001". For the 1st window I've got out. I'm thinking the leak was more from the seals than soft wood. the wood on this one seems pretty solid and the butyl was intact.

The original cranks are riveted in. I'm thinking that since I'm changing the wood frame to PVC that I should be able to screw them in. Any thoughts on that?
Old 09-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Thanks Randy,
I just ordered samples from VTS along with one of the Jalousie cranks or "Slant Sill Torque Operator # VTS -2001". For the 1st window I've got out. I'm thinking the leak was more from the seals than soft wood. the wood on this one seems pretty solid and the butyl was intact.

The original cranks are riveted in. I'm thinking that since I'm changing the wood frame to PVC that I should be able to screw them in. Any thoughts on that?
I've changed out several crank gear cases and I pop-riveted all the ones I replaced.. One reason I had the pop rivets, didn't have the right size screws.. I pop rivet about everything I can when I redo these one reason I have several thousand pop rivets from the construction work I use to do and also have all the tools needed to do it... But I think screws will work as long as you install them so the nuts don't work loose over time...
Old 09-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
You can see them when you open the window. They are on the sides. Only about 1.5" long. Most of mine are missing as well.
FWIW, I checked my boler American and the same piece in on the windows of that.

Only they are white.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #12

Quote:
I've changed out several crank gear cases and I pop-riveted all the ones I replaced..
Quoting a PM from Randy about which direction he riveted.
Quote:
I pop riveted the operator through the window frame into the operator... Does that make sense to you hard to explain without pictures..
Yeah, I think I got it Randy. I did a sketch. Please let me know if it is right.

Name:	rivet.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	99720
Old 09-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #13

^ Got a PM from Randy on this:
Quote:
You got it.. that's the way I did mine...