Looking for outside window cover 1985 13 foot Uhaul and main bed cushions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #1

Name: WILL
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul 13 foot
Minnesota
Looking for outside window cover 1985 13 foot Uhaul and main bed cushions

I purchased a very neglected 1985 u-haul camper back in October and have put quite a bit of work into it. I am now at the point where I need to find the main bed cushions. I have been directed to get the shape and size and make them my self. I might do that but I am hoping to at minimum to find the covers. If anyone has access to them, Please let me know. I am also looking for the front window exterior cover. The reality is that I am happy to make one but I would like to make sure I have the exact right size or just buy one.

Any help is appreciated and Thank you

willwheelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Parts

We went to a foam rubber company and they custom cut a mattress for our large bed:

Home | Foam Rubber CityFoam Rubber City

As far as the window cover, I am thinking of getting one of these:

Replacement Skylight Dome

It should also help improve mileage. One sees trucks with them on their trailers.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Roger, I think that is brilliant! A dome that would cover the front window of a Trillium would be $70 for an acrylic dome and $124 for polycarbonate. Shipping seems like a good deal too. No delivery to Canada though.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #4

Minnesota
Thank you. It is a good idea. I don't seem to be able to find it though. What would this look like? I am unable to open an example.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The front and rear Uhaul windows are almost exactly the same size as Scamp windows. I replaced my rear window with one from Scamp. You should be able to use a Scamp window cover (rock guard) on your Uhaul, although I've heard they are just a flat piece of fiberglass with edge trim. Not all Uhauls had the rock guard, ours does not. For bed cushions, if you are going to leave the bed made up all the time you can use a piece of foam for a mattress as we did.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:41 PM   #6

Minnesota
Thank you. I will follow up on the window covers. The bed is also used as the dinette though. That's the other challenge. Thank you
Old 06-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
window

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
The front and rear Uhaul windows are almost exactly the same size as Scamp windows. I replaced my rear window with one from Scamp. You should be able to use a Scamp window cover (rock guard) on your Uhaul, although I've heard they are just a flat piece of fiberglass with edge trim. Not all Uhauls had the rock guard, ours does not. For bed cushions, if you are going to leave the bed made up all the time you can use a piece of foam for a mattress as we did.
Did you have to cut or add anything to install your rear window? I have a Uhaul CT and I don't like the way it was repaired and was looking for a replacement, I'm not where the camper is to mesure the opening, thanks for a reply. grm
GRMeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
To install the Scamp rear window in our Uhaul I had to widen the opening by about 1/2" on each side and round out the corners a little. Also had to file a couple notches where there were screws or something on the window frame. The Scamp clamp ring is made for a thicker wall so I had to put it on backwards (flipped over). WARNING; DO NOT use the foam weatherstrip that Scamp sends with the window, use the butyl tape under the window flange. The Scamp window was reasonably priced, about $160, compared to any other window that I could find. A custom sized window will be at least $400, more likely 500 or up, from what I could find. Scamp did a great job packing the two windows I bought, wrapped in a thick material and in a wood box.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul