Looking to install a fantastic fan vent in my Trillium BUT where can i run power? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Trillium 13'
Ontario
Looking to install a fantastic fan vent in my Trillium BUT where can i run power?

Hi All.. Where and HOW can you get power to a fantastic roof vent on a trillium without making a mess?.. I cant get under the insulite and theres no seeming neat way to run a 12v line to it..
Any pointers here??..
Cheers
Dave
MoDZuKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I made a nice clean straight cut over to the cabinets in the ensolite, ran the wires tucked up under the vinyl, then caulked and painted the joint I made to match. It is slightly noticeable, but it doesn't look too bad at all.

I just added a large two speed computer fan to the existing vent, but running the wires would be the same.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Need the smallest fishtape you can find at an electrical shop - they're stiff enough to feed under the ensolite. If it's a short run you might get there with a straightened coat hanger.

Klein Tools 25 ft. Depthfinder Steel Fish Tape-56005 - The Home Depot

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
A piece of #9 wire, sharpened on one end and folded to make an eye on the other can be used as a needle. white light cord can be used as the thread.
I have used this method with great success.
The following is of a 1978 Scamp on which I used the method described, had I been more patient or even less lazy I could have concealed that bit which shows but this is the only picture I could find where I did this with elephant hide...
Attached Thumbnails
1978 Scamp 13 004.jpg  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:28 PM   #5

Ontario
Interesting ideas Im just wondering how to fishtape around the big curve right next to the vent.. i am also toying with the idea of an 8" computer fan at the existing 1975 vent.. I think that should work well versus the $200 on a new vent and chopping up my roof!..
Old 04-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #6

Registry
Of course with rat fur its a lead pipe cinch!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0210.JPG  
Old 04-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #7

Registry
FOUND ONE!
Here is one in a Trillium which I did a few years ago.
About the same comment applies as the one in the 1978 Scamp above.
You can buy a Fantastic fan fan for a lot less than $200. of course more features means more money.
Also if you want better concealment then apply more OCD. You can do it!!(including the trolly hump) and you will be MUCH happier with the results.
The fan in the link below would be ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE better than a computer fan And its $130. A little shopping might even find a better price.

https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-Mo.../dp/B00IKMWNBO

Here's one from E-Bay $113...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-RV...VWBZVG&vxp=mtr
Attached Thumbnails
trillium unfinished 020.jpg   trillium unfinished 042.jpg  

Old 04-12-2017, 01:41 PM   #8

Ontario
Thanks for the links.. Unfortunately as I said- Over 200 as I am in Canada..lol.. and those people do not ship to Canada.. if so it would be an expensive ship.
I do like the look of the fantastic vent BUT IF I put anything in there thats taller than the stock vent I will be in trouble as then the trailer will hit the garage door when i put it in there for the winter (I made tiny wheels for it to enable showhorning it in there.. So I have to be as frugal as I can in height..
So far the best price I can find is on AMAZON.ca
Ill keep searching..
TY for the points
Dave
Old 04-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoDZuKi View Post
Thanks for the links.. Unfortunately as I said- Over 200 as I am in Canada..lol.. and those people do not ship to Canada.. if so it would be an expensive ship.
I do like the look of the fantastic vent BUT IF I put anything in there thats taller than the stock vent I will be in trouble as then the trailer will hit the garage door when i put it in there for the winter (I made tiny wheels for it to enable showhorning it in there.. So I have to be as frugal as I can in height..
So far the best price I can find is on AMAZON.ca
Ill keep searching..
TY for the points
Dave
Fantastic offers a flat top as a no cost option.

Tags
trillium