Making the bed in our compact II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
We have a Compact !! camper and I was wondering What do people do when you change the seat over to the bed?. Since there is so little room I stand by the door while my husband makes the bed. He has longer arms than me. It just a small inconvenience but it eventually works. It can get annoying.
CherylT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
When I had mine I just made 2 twin beds. I was lucky and used that Camper by myself. We had the 17ft Boler when my wife came.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #3

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
We just make twin beds also and the dog sleeps on the lowered and shorten table between us
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:57 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
In our Jr we have worked a routine for bed making over many nights of trial and error. I stand the cushions vertically against the stove-top wall and Martha Jo holds them in place. I lower the table, place extra piece of plywood for a wall to wall bed. Then the cushions go back. I go outside to our linen storage tub beside the door. I toss MJ the bottom sheet, a queen flat and she tucks it in all the way around the walls. Then I toss two twin flat top sheets, then two twin blankets, and last we add two pillows. We sleep with our heads toward the door.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #5

Quote:
We just make twin beds also and the dog sleeps on the lowered and shorten table between us
I wish ours had the twin beasically stand ds but the compact II does not. One of us stands by the door while the other one makes the bed.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey Cheryl,
Sounds like you've already seen & heard the difference between the Jrs & the II's, we IIs have a little less bed length. I think it also can vary a little depending on how optioned your II is/was when manufactured, I think some have a little bit less cabinetry so a little more bed.
In my II I honestly have never used the dinette since I got it, but just always leave the bed made up. I have an easy-up type sun shade that I sometimes set up in front of the door, along with some astroturf to make an outside area. I also added an extra layer of cushions to make the bed more comfortable, which works pretty well. It does make getting into the under bed/dinette storage areas a little tougher though.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents...hehe

Joe

PS and HELLO to another Compact II owner! hehe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Hey Cheryl,
Sounds like you've already seen & heard the difference between the Jrs & the II's, we IIs have a little less bed length. I think it also can vary a little depending on how optioned your II is/was when manufactured, I think some have a little bit less cabinetry so a little more bed.
In my II I honestly have never used the dinette since I got it, but just always leave the bed made up. I have an easy-up type sun shade that I sometimes set up in front of the door, along with some astroturf to make an outside area. I also added an extra layer of cushions to make the bed more comfortable, which works pretty well. It does make getting into the under bed/dinette storage areas a little tougher though.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents...hehe

Joe

PS and HELLO to another Compact II owner! hehe
Hello, Thanks for the reply. I keep telling my husband that would make life simpler. But he loves to open the curtains and set up the table every day and night. People look in thinking where do they go inside. We get a lot of lookers. It is still fun though to hook up take off and explore.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #8

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
I'm with your husband! I also like to set up the table every day and open the place up. Heck, we even tear down the front bunk every day where the boys sleep. It's just nice not to be staring at a bed all the time. We actually spend a fair amount of time in the camper playing board games and such so we need the space.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #9

Quote:
I'm with your husband! I also like to set up the table every day and open the place up. Heck, we even tear down the front bunk every day where the boys sleep. It's just nice not to be staring at a bed all the time. We actually spend a fair amount of time in the camper playing board games and such so we need the space.
We even find even on rainy days we have a great time just hanging out.