Mattress Southern,My Casita, Zinus Green Tea - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2022, 04:16 PM   #1

Name: Loren
Trailer: Shopping
California
Mattress Southern,My Casita, Zinus Green Tea

Hello Folks,

We will pick up our Casita Liberty soon. We plan on using a queen or king mattress lengthwise in the trailer. We were thinking of setting up the bed at night , then folding it up during the day. We are not sure how that will work out but it seems the southern is out with that idea, My Casita may work. While I was poking around for a lock I saw someone post they used a Zinus 10 Green Tea mattress.

I was wondering if anyone is setting up the bed like we are thinking and what mattress works for you. Any comments about using an 8" compared to a 10" mattress?

The Zinus may be a less costly test than the other brands.

Thanks for the help!

Loren
Loren at the coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:58 AM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Can't speak for others, but we have the 17' SD model, which will only accommodate a full size mattress, installed sideways across the rear, and will not accommodate a king or a queen mattress due to the internal configuration of that model. We got rid of the full size mattress because physically, we are getting too old to do the "crawl-over" sleeping arrangement. We now have a single twin across the rear for me, and my wife uses the side dinette bench for her bed, (her choice.)

Anyway, for us, we keep the rear bed made up full time. With any kind of "mattress" you'll probably soon find that making the bed and tearing it down every day will get old very quickly. And storing a mattress during the day is fairly impractical at best. Our rear bed is always a bed, and our table is our side dinette, (which our model has.)
Just the way we roll.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:59 AM   #3

Name: Loren
Trailer: Shopping
California
Greg,

Thanks for then input. I figured it would be a hassle tearing the bed down every day. I just need some ideas. It was suggested by the Casita sales rep that the liberty is the most versatile model, that's why we went with it. I do see a lot of people have the SD. I think we will go with the least expensive mattress and go a little thin so it could be folded in half if it was raining. The folks that showed us their Liberty before we decided on a Casita had a foam pad (4 inch) from Walmart that they rolled up.

We will just have to pick it up, use it, and see what works for us...of course searching the web might help.

Thanks!

Loren
Loren at the coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #4

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Like Greg....we have the SD model and leave our bed down all the time. We purchased a mattress at IKEA several years ago....it was about $200...very comfortable and fits perfect. Crawling over my wife and dog in the middle of the night is just part of camping for us......both grown when it happens. Good luck.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:13 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I would be inclined to keep it as is for a trip or two to try out some different ways to use that rear space. Once you decide how you want to use it- twins, king, or half-and-half (longways or crossways sleeping)- then you can decide how best to upgrade the mattress.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita