Maxxfan Deluxe power closing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Maxxfan Deluxe power closing

the power/automatic closing of the maxxfan deluxe 7500K on my Escape has started running much longer than it should, like some detent or microswitch is no longer telling it that its closed til it times out. opening works fine.

does anyone know anything about fixing these? I see the parts diagram here, http://www.airxcel.com/docs/default-...7.pdf?sfvrsn=6 wondering if I need to replace the lift motor (18) or the gearbox (16A) ?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
And our MaxxFan won't run, even though it has power.
It's the one with touch switches.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
the power/automatic closing of the maxxfan deluxe 7500K on my Escape has started running much longer than it should, like some detent or microswitch is no longer telling it that its closed til it times out. opening works fine.

does anyone know anything about fixing these? I see the parts diagram here, http://www.airxcel.com/docs/default-...7.pdf?sfvrsn=6 wondering if I need to replace the lift motor (18) or the gearbox (16A) ?
Contact Maxxfan. I understand they are very good to work with. They even send parts for free sometimes according to others on this website.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #4

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post

We are having the same issue. My grandson climbed on the roof and removed the 10-20281K-1AF operator mechanism (#17A on the list of parts) and turned it a bit and it is now working. He said the gear was a bit stripped. Ordering a new one because this is just a temporary fix!
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
We had a problem with ours too.
I called the company, and they were very good at sending a replacement part, at no cost, since it was under warranty. Made the repair myself.

E-mail: ejb@airxcel.com Phone: 316-832-4357, Eric Botts. in Wichita, KS
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #6

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Mine was out of warranty. Emailed the company to ask about it and they didn't bother to reply at all. Ordered it thru RV & Autoparts. Best prices I found.
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy W View Post
Mine was out of warranty. Emailed the company to ask about it and they didn't bother to reply at all. Ordered it thru RV & Autoparts. Best prices I found.
There's this old fashion thing called a telephone. Sometimes it works better than the internet.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
indeed, I'll have to call them, used their 'customer support' form on their website twice now with no replies.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote