Molding Sliding - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2017, 03:34 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Molding Sliding

The Tee Molding in my 79 Boler 1300 is sliding out of shape in spots.
On the ceiling, going all the way from front to back, where it once was cut and touching the front window gasket, there is a 2 inch gap and on the same piece, toward the back it has puckers in it.
The ensolite is well stuck to the shell so I do not want to compromise that in any way but how can I fix this problem?
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Some people have had luck reshaping it by boiling it in water. I was missing some in the Trillium I rebuilt, and just bought new stuff. It is not very expensive.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #3

Thanks Jim, I really do not want to take it down as it may start the ensolite to fail at the joint.
Didn't know if anyone has just tried some way to get it to slide back in to its original place.
Anyone?
Old 04-11-2017, 03:53 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Gerry, some of the T molding in my Trillium 4500 was wavy (puckered) so I removed those pieces and put them in a pot of hot water (about 200 degrees F) for 20 minutes. This eliminated the waviness. Then I re-installed them.

PS: Removing and re-installing the T molding hasn't caused any problems with my ensolite.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:24 AM   #5

Maybe I'm over estimating the difficulty of the removal of the T molding.
I am more comfortable doing the more technical things such as wire / water / gas then simple things so maybe I'm thinking too much.
I will investigate the ease of removal and or movement of it today.
Thanks
Old 04-12-2017, 02:58 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Maybe I'm over estimating the difficulty of the removal of the T molding.
I am more comfortable doing the more technical things such as wire / water / gas then simple things so maybe I'm thinking too much.
I will investigate the ease of removal and or movement of it today.
Thanks
Had to chuckle Gerry, I know where you're coming from. I've over estimated the difficulty on a number of projects over the years only to find afterwards I spent more time with that than it really took doing the job....lifes learning experiences . I remember my Dad telling me not to be afraid to try it....there's always somebody that can fix it. In over 50 years I've only had to call in the cavalry a couple times .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote