Monitor Panel wires on the other end - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #21

Name: Gardnpondr
Trailer: 1985 BigFoot G
Mississippi
SO am I understanding this right? Each hole could be a different size? Unless this thing can be pulled out from underneath the camper the only way to get it out is to cut the top part of the shower stall all to pieces and pull it all out the door of the bathroom and then maybe and I say maybe the tank will fit out the door as well.
Gardnpondr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
The solution is to accept things as they are.
Probes are erratic and notorious for giving inaccurate readings.
And, that's the way it is.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #23

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
What I meant is that you have an older system and the company may have used probes that used a larger hole than the 3/8" that is pretty standard today. It is difficult to tell if they just used a larger washer on the outside of a standard size probe as a double seal, or if the probe is actually that larger around. You won't know for sure unless you can find a name of the company on the panel and find out what size probe they used back then. Even then, it assumes the monitor panel still works.

Unless the tank can be removed from the bottom of the camper, the best you can hope for is that when you fill the tank the system works and you get the readings for the respective levels of liquid.

If it doesn't work, then based on the steps you described to remove the tank through the bath makes it a LoonyToon mess and not worth even trying. Then it's time to fogit bout it
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Why wouldn't you just leave the probes, disconnect the wires and drill holes for the new probes, connect wires? If you must.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #25

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
You could leave the old probes and drill holes for new ones IF you have access to the side of the tank. From what was said, there is no way to get two hands near the probes, little alone get a drill in there to drill the new holes.

So the way I see it, the system either works as is or there is an easy way to drop the tank, or forget the whole deal.
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:48 AM   #26

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
There are mods that are better in theory than they turn out in practice. I daresay most trailer owners don’t have the level meters and get along just fine. Nothing stops you from camping if the system doesn’t work as intended and the holes remain plugged. If you’re not comfortable with your repair skills, or aren’t comfortable with working one-armed in an area you can’t see perhaps you’re better off forgetting and not stressing out about it.

But you asked about fixing it and we tried to help. In some cases, part of the help is letting you know what might be involved. Doing nothing in this case is a legitimate alternative.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #27

Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper Jim View Post
What I meant is that you have an older system and the company may have used probes that used a larger hole than the 3/8" that is pretty standard today. It is difficult to tell if they just used a larger washer on the outside of a standard size probe as a double seal, or if the probe is actually that larger around. You won't know for sure unless you can find a name of the company on the panel and find out what size probe they used back then. Even then, it assumes the monitor panel still works.

Unless the tank can be removed from the bottom of the camper, the best you can hope for is that when you fill the tank the system works and you get the readings for the respective levels of liquid.

If it doesn't work, then based on the steps you described to remove the tank through the bath makes it a LoonyToon mess and not worth even trying. Then it's time to fogit bout it

Hubby is crawling around under it today and I asked him if he could see any tanks from the bottom of it and on the back side where the valves are, and he said yes. So maybe there IS a way to go from the bottom. We'll see.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #28

Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
There are mods that are better in theory than they turn out in practice. I daresay most trailer owners don’t have the level meters and get along just fine. Nothing stops you from camping if the system doesn’t work as intended and the holes remain plugged. If you’re not comfortable with your repair skills, or aren’t comfortable with working one-armed in an area you can’t see perhaps you’re better off forgetting and not stressing out about it.

But you asked about fixing it and we tried to help. In some cases, part of the help is letting you know what might be involved. Doing nothing in this case is a legitimate alternative.

I appreciate your help and advice. Thank you guys VERY MUCH!!!!