Mouse entry W/O permission - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2019, 01:09 AM   #21

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Shopping
California
Whatever you do, DO NOT put bait traps inside the RV. Friend of mine did this and spent half the summer tearing the walls apart. Took about 6 months for the smell to go away. Use traps, not sticky, those are just cruel, Reese's Pieces or bacon, Canadian I think works best. Bleach to get rid of the pee smell.

Also there is no such thing as "a singular mouse", they travel in packs, like a little motorcycle gang. Once they get inside others will follow the scent and get in. I used pest block expanding foam, available just about everywhere.
Good luck....
Jeff

Jeffrey F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:43 AM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
1984 Bigfoot 5th wheel for sale $300, needs some TLC.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van...844058015.html He is asking $300.
this is a referral, I would put this through the Classified but I cannot gain entrance since all the work they have put into changing it where I cannot go.
Unless someone sends me how to do it instructions I cannot send referrals any longer.
Stude

stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:15 PM   #23

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Well, hi, Stude...which one is the mouse? $300 is steep unless the mouse is employed gainfully...Paul says I must be confused. Likely.

"K"
Kai in Seattle
Old 03-18-2019, 06:43 PM   #24

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Well, hi, Stude...which one is the mouse? $300 is steep unless the mouse is employed gainfully...Paul says I must be confused. Likely.

"K"
Kai in Seattle
$300? me thinks someone left a ZERO off.. but what thats doing in this thread I have no idea.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #25

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Never use the kind of steel wool that rust. Instead you should use stainless steel pot scrubbers. Those will last through the years and also fill up the cracks.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:10 AM   #26

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
Of course you cannot prove a negative, but I have not had a critter problem since I started placing cloth bags with moth balls (the stinky, original kind) in the outside storage of the Scamp and the engine compartment of my truck and car. They do evaporate over time, so a few need to be added every 6 months to a year.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:27 AM   #27

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
Of course you cannot prove a negative, but I have not had a critter problem since I started ....
I too have not had any problem with mice or other critters.. and I do nothing other than remove food when not in use for extended periods of time. I will say that the trailer is buttoned up pretty tight... no holes to speak of, not even mouse-sized.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:21 AM   #28

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 4.0L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
I too have not had any problem with mice or other critters.. and I do nothing other than remove food when not in use for extended periods of time. I will say that the trailer is buttoned up pretty tight... no holes to speak of, not even mouse-sized.
Glad you brought up the idea of not leaving any critter food around. Even a whiff of it will attract them. Years ago I found that storing grass seed in a tight metal container was the answer to the mouse problem in our garage.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #29

Name: Steve
Trailer: Lite House
Minnesota
Registry
Yeah, a few years back I had to switch from a Rubbermaid tote to a galvanized metal can to store my bird seed. They chewed right through the handle of the tote and got in somehow.
Steve Carlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:03 AM   #30

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Irish spring

[QUOTE=Grady C;736084]Please donít use Irish Spring soap as your rat protection for your trailer. Does not work!! You to youtube , look it up under Irish Spring soap for mice.

AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:58 AM   #31

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
[QUOTE=AC0GV;760795]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady C View Post
Please donít use Irish Spring soap as your rat protection for your trailer. Does not work!! You to youtube , look it up under Irish Spring soap for mice.

Ya, but what if you wrap the soap in dryer sheets?
Old 11-16-2019, 03:30 AM   #32

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
I can hardly stand to walk into the detergent aisle at the stores.

But you know how it is, I get hungry so despite the strong smell I still go into the store to get food.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:33 PM   #33

Name: Rick
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B25FB
California
Have had the rodent run around in engine compartment. some wiring insulation is made with soy? "ring the dinner bell"
YouTube and you will find that rodents hate peppermint. 40 drops of peppermint oil in a 16oz spray bottle of water, spray where they have been it will last a couple of months.
Rick L. Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #34

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
If you donít want to put bait on a mousetrap inside your garage, consider the fact that mice are probably accessing your garage mostly at the corners of the overhead door(s). I have a couple old three hole building bricks with a heavy string Tied off on them set outside of the door. The other end is tied off to a small hole drilled through the corner of the trap. Channel the access to the garage with the brick, guiding access with the trap. When you catch the mouse the string and brick prevents cats or other roaming varmints from dragging your rig away
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #35

Name: Shangie
Trailer: Roadtrek
Washington
We stuffed every hole with stainless steel scrubbers and cooper mesh along with pest block foam. We then leave cotton balls doused in peppermint oil inside several open plastic sandwich bags strewn about the RV, especially where there are access points including the drivers and passengers side air vents. We then throw mothballs underneath the exterior. This ended a one time intrusion problem we experienced when we moved our RV from a concrete storage facility to a field.

Shangie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot