My ideas what do you think so far... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #1

Name: Sam
Trailer: Owner 16' Amerigo
Tennessee
My ideas what do you think so far...

I have a Amerigo and that is stripped out, So I am going to have a bed in the rear and it will be full time, but it going to a lot higher than the ones I have seen pictures of. One for storage and also for tanks, maybe AC and some other items. The front of the trailer will be the bath/shower and in the other corner things like TV,radio,electrics maybe my fresh water tank, out on the tongue will be the propane and batteries and who know what else, only have to figure out the weight placement so my trailer pulls good. Kitchen will be on the drivers side and the table on the passengers side. Looks like FWB for the walls and some sort of hardwood looking flooring. Pecks water lines, LED lighting, 3 way Ref. the old 3 eye stove/oven, double sink, demand propane Hot water too! Trying to figure out auto cad to make sure things fit and so far it a huge learning curve! Any help there will be appreciated, but then any input is appreciated!

Let know what ya think
Sam
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #2

Tennessee
Go to profile and view my album I think, I can so I am guess you can. Or try this
Fiberglass RV - samcrimm's Album: My Amerigo build

Sam
Old 12-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
You definitely have a project there. In some ways it is better to start bare bones.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #4

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Ambitious!

What sort of fresh/waste water carrying capacity are you planning for?

Given that it weighs around eight pounds per gallon I always think such a decision's a good one to come to early...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #5

Tennessee
Good question Francesca,

I guessing around 20 25 gal fresh, and have a smaller waste with outside over flow to a 5 gal plastic can, I really don't have plans to haul the waste very far If I can help it. I will use a porta potty too. The main use for the water is sink and shower, and if I stay at a camp ground with water sewer hook up and a clean shower house, well no problems. I don't have any major boone docking in mind. So I think I am going to be ok.
Sam
Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #6

Registry
Sounds reasonable...good on you for sticking with the porta-potty concept. Black tanks are in my opinion a HUGE spacewaster, and the necessary really fat plumbing winds up so near the ground on these little rigs that I'm surprised more folks don't knock it off!

Francesca
Old 12-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #7

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Black tanks ... winds up so near the ground on these little rigs that I'm surprised more folks don't knock it off!

Francesca

Note to self: maintain 4-5 car link distance following any FG trailers--just in case...UCK!
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
Note to self: maintain 4-5 car link distance following any FG trailers--just in case...UCK!

Honest to Pete-

I got a first-ever look at a Casita Spirit Deluxe last month, and the black pipe was literally no more than ten inches off the ground!

I'm sure it's just a Cosmetic Coincidence that there recently came on the market a protective "shield" for those pipes...

This is not to say that it's only a Casita problem- all current molded trailer makers are doing the same thing.

There's a price to be paid when crossing to The Dark Side design-wise, and adding "amenities" traditionally foregone by molded trailer users...

Francesca
Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #9

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
I know what you're sayin Francesca. And I've gone camping down some dirt/gravel roads with some significant pot-holes. I wouldn't want a black tank and drainage pipes sitting that low to the ground given I enjoy boondocking and often encounter less than perfect roads.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #10

Tennessee
I agree, and if I put a pipe under the frame it would not last getting out of the driveway. So I am going to put a gray water line under the flooring for the shower and sink. And the porta pot will take care of anything else...

Sam