My new "awning" set up in the living room - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #1

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
My new "awning" set up in the living room

I won't go on and on about my awning woes anymore.

Instead, here is what I'll be using for my awning, as I mentioned in a previous post. I had to set it up in an empty room in my house I'm trying to sell because it POURED rain all day here in San Antonio.

Anyway, I've never shared a pic before, so here goes (that's Macho in my chair!!!). Did I mention I'm a lousy photographer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	39
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	62012

Sharon
SharonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #2

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Looks great for the beach! Your picture is just fine. By the way I have yet to see the perfect awning...

OOPS...my bad...I thought you were selling the umbrella...did not mean to hurt your feelings. And sometimes I use a small porch umbrells and stand for a sunny weekend fun thing to sit under, Got it at a yardsale and it says, "Heinekin Light" on all four sides. HA! Guess it was used originally in a Beer show.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #3

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Looks great for the beach! Your picture is just fine. By the way I have yet to see the perfect awning...
I know it's not an egg. But the awning I'm having made for my Burro will be similar. I'll also be able to roll up the front side.
Attached Thumbnails
finished-1.jpg  
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #4

Texas
Hey Gage ... ya know, because I'm so darned short, I do my best manual labor working low to the ground. That's what this Sport-Brella allows me to do. If I had about half a dozen more inches in height, I would like exactly what you're getting.

After I put up the Sport-Brella the first time and learned all it's simple parts, I took it down. Then I laid down the rug, put up my BIG umbrella (took 4 minutes) and grabbed the chair. I used the extension rod built into the bottom and made sure I could walk to the chair and sit with only a very slight head bow. I'm loving my choice of "awning" for me. No pain, big gain!

S.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #5

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
SharonM...Love it! you will get lots of use from the Sport-Brella. DD has one that she takes to soccer games. Sure is nice to set under in this Tx heat and blocks the wind in the Fall,makes watching the grandson (8 yrs old) even more fun. It is easy to set up & take down 4 of us with chairs will fit( of course it is close quarters,but we like each other so that's ok ) she still has a small space behind us for the cooler. For just the 2 of you it will be great!

gaga...I sure like your set too.Like SharonM , I would need to stretch at least 6inches or more to put it up...Ha!ha! and my stretching days are gone & I am no longer allowed on a ladder that is taller than me( balance is shot )

Both of you did a good job of getting the right shade for you.

Happy Camping

P.S. Looks like "Boss Dog" has already picked his spot and likes it fine...Ha!ha!
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #6

Texas
Lynn, yup these things are GROOVY. With an 8-foot wing span, "me and my dog" will do fine with lots of room to spare. I might even splurge for another chair in case a guest drops in (but not another Strongback chair -- they cost too much but man-o-man they are comfortable with that nifty lower back support). I can see me and my Kindle and strongback spending quality time together under that 'brella.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #7

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I bought a couple of chairbrellas? last week.
Haven't taken them out of the bag yet so have no idea what they look like.
They clamp to the chair. Academy had them on sale so I bought two.
Actually, my intent is to see if I can use them on my jon boat.
But if not, should be a good addition to my lawn chairs when camping.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #8

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Sharon and Lynn, hello ladies. Look at the picture I posted and you'll notice a small step latter. Because of my lung condition there isn't much I can do but watch Tanya set things up. She's also short and that Wal-Mart latter works quite well (wouldn't leave home without it). Don't know about egg rallies yet but at vintage trailer rallies there is always someone around that offers to help setup and take down. Oh, I had only posted that picture for D Davis benefit.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #9

Name: C. Elaine
Trailer: Casita 2001 spirit
California
Hey, Guys I use to be 5'-11" (down a little with time) so if we meet along the road I'll handle the high stuff for you gladly.
Sharon Love your new "awning" a lot less frustrating & just the thing.
Gage that is the cutest trailer, egg or not, Love it!
Your tall pal,
Elaine (my hubby is 6'-8" comes in handy for Xmas lights)
partslady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #10

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Gage, Loved the picture! Thanks. The vintage awning with sidewalls is very practical and nice, I am glad you are having one made. and Sharon if the large umbrella works good for you, that's all that matters, especially if you are putting it up without help. I think everyones needs in an awning or shelter may vary, having said that, for me I am still looking for the perfect shape of an awning and or shelter because I use it in four seasons. Rain, wind, sun, sometimes snow.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #11

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
SharonM........I know that you found "the perfect awning for you" ,but I kept remembering this pop up screen room pop up screen room - Google Search

so I just had to look it up to show you.

Someone on the sight had or maybe has one of them ( feel sure DonnaD will jump in here with her skillsand find it for us) I know one person can pop it up...not sure about the take down though. The other member wrote a very funny storie about them learning to use it.

Anyway just wanted to show it to you.

Happy Camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote