Mystery parts, can you identify these for me? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #1

Name: Ryan
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16- side bath
Virginia
Mystery parts, can you identify these for me?

I have 2 parts among my Scamp restoration collection of "stuff" that are a complete mystery to me. I don't know what they came with, when I ordered them or what they are for.
Please help me identify them. First 2 photos are some piece of plastic with a spring inside...
3rd photo is a metal object that looks a bit like a super heavy duty pipe hanger.

Perhaps these are parts that came with my Large Scamp plumbing order I placed 7 months ago, then again maybe not!
Attached Thumbnails
image-19078162.jpg   image-514403316.jpg  

image-2680281295.jpg  
Ryan P R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
I know the third item was outlawed by the Geneva Convention in 1929 if that helps?
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #3

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P R View Post
Perhaps these are parts that came with my Large Scamp plumbing order I placed 7 months ago, then again maybe not!
Could be that whoever filled the order threw them in just to confuse you:

"Hey Bernie! Watch me drive this guy crazy by putting in the leftover parts from my kid's soapbox derby kit!"

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The white thing is your toilet ball cartrige. Look at the IPB for the toilet. It is part of the flush ball. The black thing, NFI, If you screw it to the wall it could be a TP holder.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #5

Virginia
Eddie- yes that is it! I suppose it is an extra thrown in by accident, the toilet valve seems to work just fine. Although it has not been plumbed up I thinking it has all the working parts installed.
That piece of powder coated steel would make on funky looking and overbuilt TP holder.

Francesca--- I don't want to give Scamp a hard time as I love their trailers.
However, I did have several issues with the orders I've placed with them. I was getting things I did not order and was charged for them, and at least one thing was much different than the photo/description on their online parts store.
Not their fault... but To top it off the first toilet I received was massively cracked in the base section. The second toilet had a broken part- and the replacement for the broken part also arrived broken. So they sent another a few weeks later, that one showed up broken also! By then they probably thought I was pulling their leg, many many weeks later they sent me the final replacement part- it arrived just fine.
Despite all that-- they were always fairly helpful and I am grateful we can order the correct parts directly from them. I'd order from them again without hesitating--- unless I can buy the part elsewhere for less and avoid their high shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
image-4222172102.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #6

Trailer:
That's a spurketing valve. You do know what one of those is, right?
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #7

Virginia
Andrew- never heard of one. This is what my google search reveals....

Definition of SPIRKETING

: planking consisting of timbers that are heavier than the ceiling and are worked above the waterways in a wooden ship
Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
On my Sealand toilet I have a device that looks like it and is the flushing bar that provides the petal to the metal so to speak. Otherwise I guess its a spurketing valve.
Look closely at the shape of the device vs the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
ScreenShot002.jpg  
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #9

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Ryan,

I immediately knew what your black painted item was although I haven't seen one in many years. Some of my fondest memories are being with my grandfather when he used his. That's a left-handed wind-up wrench for a mucket mill.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #10

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Third piece (the black metal bit) looks like a replacement for your flush lever (It should slide over the assembly holding the first two parts you were wondering about). Usually the flush levers are white or plastic. this looks pretty no frills yet functional. All these parts are similar to the ones I replaced in my old CT 13 that had a custom toilet installed. Hang on to them - never hurts to have spares!
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #11

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Chet View Post
Third piece (the black metal bit) looks like a replacement for your flush lever (It should slide over the assembly holding the first two parts you were wondering about). Usually the flush levers are white or plastic. this looks pretty no frills yet functional.
Paul wins!! It is the replacement lever for a Sealand toilet. There is a white plastic foot pedal cover that fits over top of it. If you go to RVnow.rvtravel.com there are some photos of it and how it fits onto the toilet.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote