Need help with 1979 Trillium Jubilee - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
New here, so not sure if I should tag onto this thread or start a new one. My wall covering problem is HUGE! The previous owner's kids thought it would be neat to pick huge holes in the wall covering. There's no way this can be fixed (by the way it's the "popcorn" design stuff). So...can this stuff be pulled out and replaced, or can the interior be re-done in traditional trailer wall boarding or what?? HELP!

Unrelated to this...did I mention we have never owned a F/G unit before...bought our first today. Any way to decipher the serial # to confirm the year? The owner says it's a 1975 Trillium (has logos on it that say Trillium Jubilee). How can I tell? The pics of 1975's don't look like mine...mine is more boxy like the Beachcombers. It has an indent in the front behind the propane tank where the battery goes. Does this help you folks to help me?

By the way Hi to y'all...my new 'glasser family!
schowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
welcome, !
the jubilee is definitely more boxy and squared off than most trilliums.
Check the door on your cupboards, on one of them there should be a sticker giving weights and dates.

I'll let someone else jump i about the wall coverings.
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium
Thanks...It's a '79 Jubilee.
Has anyone tried to remove the insulation type stuff off the walls and board the walls instead? I guess a Jubilee being squared off would be easier? Anyone done this? Thanks again.
schowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
Quote:
My wall covering problem is HUGE! The previous owner's kids thought it would be neat to pick huge holes in the wall covering. There's no way this can be fixed (by the way it's the "popcorn" design stuff). So...can this stuff be pulled out and replaced, or can the interior be re-done in traditional trailer wall boarding or what?? H
We are just working with this popcorn for the first time too, having just bought a boler 17. It had a few holes in the popcorn insulation about 6 inches in diameter. There is another layer of smooth foam inside, I don't know if that is still intact in yours, but it was in ours. I found a product , made by HOMAX, in the paint section, meant for repairing ceiling tiles, etc. "Popcorn Ceiling Patch" It worked really well. Very close match to the texture. Comes in a tube with a foam applicator, that oozes out goo with little balls in it, just like our insulation. Dry 24 hours then paint. I was dubious, but am now quite pleased. Good luck.
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium