Need pictures of how Scamp Furnace is installed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Need pictures of how Scamp Furnace is installed

As we approach the end of summer and I felt the cold snap in the weather I am getting prepared to install the furnace I purchased from Scamp some weeks ago. I like to do exactly like original when I do stuff but have not seen how the furnace is mounted inside the cabinet or how it is supported in a Scamp 16', side table dinette. I was hoping to bump into a Scamp 16' owner in the large campgrounds nearby where we live but keep missing the few we have seen.

Would anyone please be willing to snap a few pics inside the cabinet where the furnace is installed to give me an idea most importantly how the furnace is supported and how they cut back the insulation around the vent pipes? I am also interested in how/where it was wired and tapped into the existing lines. I could easily do it without this info but would like to do it just like the Scamp factory did if possible.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:33 AM   #2

Wisconsin
Pretty please, can anyone take some hot pics of their Suburban furnace on a Scamp 16, inside the cabinet and post them for me? lol,

At least my friends are all vigilant and trying to help. They take great interest in spotting Scamp style trailers now and one pointed out what he thought was a Scamp hidden in a back yard not more than three blocks away from me. Turned out to be a beautiful Casita so I am still out of luck.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #3

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Sorry, maybe someone will get you some pictures soon. My 5er only has the AC heat strip.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #4

Name: Paul
Trailer: '07 Scamp 16' SD
Wisconsin
I just had scamp install a furnace in my SD this spring. I'll take some snaps when I get home tonight and send them off to you

Here's a quick teaser though. You can see that they cut out the existing hole where the door was, and put in a new piece of fiberglass with a smaller door.
Attached Thumbnails
image-3473110521.jpg  
glennco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Oooh, your teasing me badly. Thanks! Paul, can't wait!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #6

Name: Paul
Trailer: '07 Scamp 16' SD
Wisconsin
As requested, some more shots of the furnace mount. You can see that they add some wood pieces around the new fiberglass to give it structure, and attached a piece of wood to the floor at the back of the furnace that the furnace itself rests on. If you would like some more shots I can take some for you, just let me know the view your looking for
Attached Thumbnails
image-399535121.jpg   image-1099618671.jpg  

image-2134905188.jpg   image-3298598122.jpg  

glennco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I suggest that you get the furnace manual if you don't have it. Mine tells how the furnace should be installed.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #8

Wisconsin
Yup, just as I thought, a couple blocks of wood to hold it up. That's all I really needed to see, except for how they cut the insulation and vent holes but as thought, simple. Thanks so much, really appreciate it.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #9

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
Here is the vent shots, looks like to me they just cut around the rat fur left the reflex, was mounted on wood blocks, positive/neg ran from fuse panel, and two thermostat wires to thermostat which mine is mounted bedside on the panel behind dinette seat. Gas for mine was supplied by a tee in the line, at the back of the little cubby just to the right of the heater
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF5251.jpg   DSCF5252.jpg  

Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #10

Wisconsin
Wow! You guy's are awesome on this sight. I will certainly return the favor to others in need of help on their projects. This install will be so easy after seeing these pictures that I'm going to have a lot more time with chilled cylindrical objects full of fine liquids when I'm done. Thank you very, very much.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #11

Wisconsin
Furnace is in!

I could feel the weather getting colder so did the furnace the last few days. I want to thank Glenco and Hambone for all your help as it made it much easier. If I was closer to Scamp I would have had them do it. I got a price from someone who had them do it and it was very reasonable. But I am dumb like that, enjoying the challenge and see it as a puzzle, so all is good. So now ready for fall camping, something that I did little with our popup.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0347.jpg   DSC_0346.jpg  

Old 09-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #12

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec View Post
Wow! You guy's are awesome on this sight. I will certainly return the favor to others in need of help on their projects....
I thought it was worth mentioning that over four years later, Vtec was true to his word and sent me this link to help me plan my install.

Pic of furnace location in a Scamp 16 layout four (which I will probably do):
Attached Thumbnails
4.jpg  
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, scamp