Need SCAMP SINK, HELP PLEASE!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #1

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Question Need SCAMP SINK, HELP PLEASE!!

i have a 13 ft Scamp and love it but one thing really irks me. I need a sink in the bathroom, just a TINY SINK to wash hands after toileting, a corner one would be perfect. My husband can do some plumbing but not make a sink. It sickens me to have hands washed in the kitchen sink where our dishes and eating utensils are.

I have tried Camping World but they didn't have any. Can anyone help me with finding one?

Thanks, (and this is my first day here on this group),
Carolyn
cmmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Hand Sanitizer

Have you thought about putting a bottle of hand sanitizer in the bathroom.
I keep a bottle of it in my truck to clean my hands after using the dump station and yes I wear rubber gloves when dumping
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Easy... call Scamp: 1-800-346-4962

I'd suggest email, but since it's a toll-free number... I'd use it.

ON EDIT: I forgot to welcome you Carolyn! You'll find lots of kind, helpful people here at FiberglassRV.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Carolyn the PO of my trailer added a small corner bathroom sink to my Scamp and I have to say I really wish they had not! The bathroom as you know is small and that *little* sink makes it hard for me to turn around in the bathroom and I am not a big person. I have considered removing it many many times! Just not sure about how to go about filling all the holes that were made for the water piping and sink itself during the install. Just as easy to take 3 steps to the kitchen sink to wash up.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
We bought a tiny corner sink to install in our (now former) front bath Scamp like this one:
LaSalle Bristol 10" x 10" White Corner Lavatory Sink - Lavatory Sinks - Sinks - Sink & Drain - Plumbing)
But, as it would take up a lot of space, as well as being a PITA for plumbing and drains, it was never installed.

There are "No Touch" Purell dispensers that would be a lot less trouble and would do the job with a lot less fuss. Also, WalMart has 12"x12" disposable hand wipes as well.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I feel the same as you and was planing on putting one in my bathroom also. I found a couple on ebay a few months ago. Not sure if any are currently listed but I'd give them a look. Lots of surplus RV parts dealers dump their stuff on ebay.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Something to consider... before buying anything. Find out the total dimensions of the sink you're considering buying. Make something those exact dimensions out of cardboard and tape it to the wall. Now, go into the bathroom and "act" like you're actually using the bathroom... standing and showering, sitting, etc. Is the faux sink in the way? Does the space it takes up bother you? Then immediately take it down and repeat the "use" process. Which is better and which do you prefer?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
We have a front bath 13 Scamp and the sink is not only convenient, but essential when boondocking, for water conservation. With the addition of the medicine chest/linen closet it completes a full function bathroom.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #9

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Wall-hung corner sink
Corner sink
Front overflow
Furnished with two wall hangers

Nominal Dimensions:
11" x 16-3/4" (279 x 425mm)

Bowl Sizes:
12-1/4" (311mm) wide
8-5/8" (219mm) front-to-back
5-1/4" (133mm) deep

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #10

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Talking Thanks to all who replied

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.
Donna, thank you for the great idea of making a cardboard replica and trying that out first. I will do that.
Carolyn
cmmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #11

Don't forget, anything that you put in the bathroom will add to tongue weight, already somewhat heavy on Scamps with the front bath.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #12

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Registry
Just to throw an idea in the mix. You mentioned your husband can not make a sink...but I bet he could.
I've seen another person on this forum make a sink using a stainless steel salad or mixing bowl with a small drain afixed through a hole drilled in the bottom of the bowl.
It could likely be a $ cheaper and lighter route.
Just an option!
Evan Friesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Something to consider... before buying anything. Find out the total dimensions of the sink you're considering buying. Make something those exact dimensions out of cardboard and tape it to the wall. Now, go into the bathroom and "act" like you're actually using the bathroom... standing and showering, sitting, etc. Is the faux sink in the way? Does the space it takes up bother you? Then immediately take it down and repeat the "use" process. Which is better and which do you prefer?
Great idea Donna. Suspect the small corner bathroom sinks have more of a impact on space in the Scamp side bath model vs the front bath which if I am not mistaken have a slightly larger bath room.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #14

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
I don't want to come across as rude, but there is no difference, really. Check out the mythbusters bathroom toothbrush episode. They still had poo on the toothbrush that was in the break room across the warehouse from the bathroom.

Long story short, it doesn't matter which sink you use, it's already there.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #15

Where are you at in CA? I was just at Richardson's RV in Riverside and there is a real small plastic corner mount RV sink on the surplus shelf. Looks to be about 8" on a side, the smallest I have ever seen. Call 951-688-8880 and ask for Mike or C.J. Mention my name and tell them that it's on the surplus shelf. Should be cheap and they will ship.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 AM   #16

Name: C. Elaine
Trailer: Casita 2001 spirit
California
Welcome Carolyn. I can not begin to tell you how much I enjoy this forum. I am a newbie with a 2001 Casita in need of much TLC. The people that respond here are awesome, always willing to help. This is a great group. Loved their "cardboard" sink idea, topped only by the SS salad bowl.
E
partslady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #17

Registry
Carolyn a little heads up re how easy or not so easy the plumbing may be for a new bathroom sink. You didnt mention the layout of your Scamp or year but I should warn you that one thing the PO of my Scamp forgot about when they installed a bathroom sink was a means for getting the drain water from the sink to the grey water tank at the rear of the trailer - such as a pump which the shower drain needs to drain.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #18

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
I have a 10" concer sink that I was going to use in my scamp if you want.
I don't know how to attach a photo from my iPad.
If you PM me your email address, I'll send you a photo.
Mike
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #19

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Now not that I would consider it, but Chandler at Parkliner does offer a sink that the shower hose attaches to... https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...type=3&theater

Im sure he would send one out if you were intrested but you would lose closet space though

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp