New E-Flex panels from Renogy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2023, 06:59 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: in the market
CA
New E-Flex panels from Renogy

https://www.renogy.com/e-flex-120-portable-solar-panel/

Many folks use Renogy solar panels, but I'm interested in beta on these lighter ones. Anyone have these? Thanks!
bobwadeguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:40 PM   #2

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwadeguitar View Post
https://www.renogy.com/e-flex-120-portable-solar-panel/

Many folks use Renogy solar panels, but I'm interested in beta on these lighter ones. Anyone have these? Thanks!
Does not appear to be a lot of reviews on these yet.
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:42 PM   #3

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita
Meandering
Just no...

There are numerous threads re: flex panels. The long/short is that flex panels are far inferior to standard rigid mono panels in every aspect except weight.

I've done quite a bit of testing, buying my own flexible panels, and being massively, hugely disappointed in their performance. I wish I had listened to others who knew more than me.

Save yourself the money, time & aggravation--unless you enjoy throwing away good money.
Prop_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:12 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop_Joe View Post
There are numerous threads re: flex panels. The long/short is that flex panels are far inferior to standard rigid mono panels in every aspect except weight.

I've done quite a bit of testing, buying my own flexible panels, and being massively, hugely disappointed in their performance. I wish I had listened to others who knew more than me.

Save yourself the money, time & aggravation--unless you enjoy throwing away good money.

I've got two rigid Renogy panels that I put out when boondocking which have worked great. I have a lot of respect for the manufacturer's products and would be very surprised if the flex panels' specs fall significantly short of stated performance.

What brand and/or vintage flex panels did you have a negative experience with? I wouldn't mind replacing my heavier panels with lighter, more easily stowed flexible panels.
Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 02:24 PM   #5

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
I've got two rigid Renogy panels that I put out when boondocking which have worked great. I have a lot of respect for the manufacturer's products and would be very surprised if the flex panels' specs fall significantly short of stated performance.

The problem is not who produces (more precisely - who sells) the flex panels, the problem is in weakness of the flex panels by design. They are too fragile.