New old stock uhaul side windows - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I totally agree with Bob's post above. This is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy original, new UHaul windows and at a steal of a price.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #42

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
Has anyone recieved theirs yet? I am considering ordering some today, thanks RICK.
RICK H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #43

Name: mik
Trailer: 1984 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Hi all,

I just found these online and ordered a pair for my ct-13.

Miscellaneous Auto Parts

I'll let you know if they fit when they come in.
Thank you very much Tom.
I placed my order this morning.
themik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #44

I got so excited by my own post that I ordered one, too.

If one of my windows gets busted, I'd be hosed, so I'm sure I won't regret having a spare. If not, I know I can resell it in the future for at least my cost.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #45

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Tom: now your making me think I should hoard some for sale years in the future, or what if I should find another Uhaul cheap or will they sell out or ????
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Tom: now your making me think I should hoard some for sale years in the future, or what if I should find another Uhaul cheap or will they sell out or ????
Prophetic words, Bob. I just got a call from a very gracious lady at Surplus Sales telling me they are sold out of the one side and confirming which side I needed. I told her I just want the $39 one, which they still have.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #47

Name: Tom
Trailer: 86 Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Hi everyone,

I got my windows today.

They are both stamped uhaul, and look good. They are both same side (passenger) window. The company was nice enough to call me today an tell me that that might be the case.

So, I have to pay to ship one back (and will give me a refund,) but are charging me the $60 + shipping for the other one.

I held them up to the camper, and it looks like it is going to fit.

one of the windows has 2 drain holes, and the other had 4? Other than that they were the same. pulls are good, and the felt tracks were smooth. a little of the paint were missing from the frames, but no big deal. the screens are nice.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #48

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
After this recent discussion I decided to buy all of them...

Just kidding....
Old 09-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #49

Name: Tom
Trailer: 86 Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Blind luck

Quote:
This is almost too funny. Here we all have been doing all kinds of things to resolve window problems, and these pop up now. I recently spent $150 for a Scamp window, plus shipping, and then another $50 for aluminum to adapt that window to my Uhaul, and here's two windows for less than $100. Apparently there were plans to produce more campers, unless these were spare parts. It would be interesting to know how this surplus company got them. The deal of the century!!! Dewey/Tom, how did you find these?
You would never believe how I found them....blind luck.

I was at work (don't tell my boss) and I needed a stress break..

My TV's cable box is really hot in the cabinet I have it in..so i was thinking about getting some sort of heat sink for the back of the cabinet. So I googled "large heat sink". the surplussales website was 4 or 5 on the list. They didn't have anything that I wanted.

I had never been to the website before, so I went to there home page. and would you know it , it was on the front page as "new item".

At first i though it was one of those adds that show up if you been to a website (like this one), or a search term has been "cashed" in your browser.

I could not believe it..so I called. sure enough it was true.

about 20 min after i found them, I posted the link here.

Like I said, blind luck.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #50

New York
Blind luck works for us sometimes too, that's how we got our Uhaul for $2000, and our 1946 teardrop for $500. A lot of us are forever grateful to you for having such luck and passing it on to the rest of us. Thanks so much. Bob
Old 09-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #51

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
You would never believe how I found them....blind luck.

I was at work (don't tell my boss) and I needed a stress break..

My TV's cable box is really hot in the cabinet I have it in..so i was thinking about getting some sort of heat sink for the back of the cabinet. So I googled "large heat sink". the surplussales website was 4 or 5 on the list. They didn't have anything that I wanted.

I had never been to the website before, so I went to there home page. and would you know it , it was on the front page as "new item".

At first i though it was one of those adds that show up if you been to a website (like this one), or a search term has been "cashed" in your browser.

I could not believe it..so I called. sure enough it was true.

about 20 min after i found them, I posted the link here.

Like I said, blind luck.
MR. Tom (DEWEY),
The ole ' better to be lucky than good ' may apply to your discovery but you were really GOOD by sharing it with all of us! THANKS INDEED!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #52

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hmmm, so the driver side is already sold out (that would be the emergency escape window in mine). You don't think that some unscrupulous individual bought a bunch to resell on ebay?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #53

New York
I never saw an exact count of how many they had to start out, and haven't gone through to count who has bought them. I ordered one of each. Considering the other options for us for windows, they were sitting on a gold mine if they had realized it. If the left is not available, I would order two of the right. The emergency escape issue is only determined by the weatherstrip style, and the fact that there is a pull tab to get the lock strip out. And what would be the circumstance where we would have to crawl out the window, door jammed shut, trailer laying on it's right side? Did this info get over to the Uhaul site, I don't go there. Bob
Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #54

Quote:
......... Did this info get over to the Uhaul site, I don't go there. Bob
Yes, it is posted over there, too. By the way, it is safe now, Bob. The spammers have been chased out.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #55

Trailer: Boler
Got my windows this afternoon - a LH and a RH - they look marvelous...

Exact replacement for my old windows - very well packaged plus I got in before the price increase (since I was the guy who told them how to tell a Left hand from a Right hand I pulled the trigger as soon as I was reassured that they seemed to be the right ones. There are some very minor chips in the paint but they are in amazing condition for 27 year old windows. Absolutely no regrets.

My shipping was $57 because I used second day blue label - I'm installing the windows tomorrow and going camping on Thursday.

Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #56

Florida
Registry
Thanks for pics and update!

Mr. Jack,
Thanks for sharing the good news about these windows (that so many of us are very thankful to get!) They really look great and it looks like they were packed well to avoid breakage. Hope your install goes smoothlyl!

And, thanks again Mr. Tom (Dewey)!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #57

New York
Jack: did you get new rubber weatherstrip or are you using the original?
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #58

Trailer: Boler
I ordered 50 feet of the new stuff from Perfect Fit - once I get the new windows installed I'm going to save enough for the door window and sell the rest of it to some of you guys. I should have enough to do two other sets of windows with what I've got.

I'll also have some used windows to sell cheap......

But you fellow vultures are going to have to wait until I get back from my camping trip this weekend.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #59

New York
Did you order the weatherstrip for a 3/16 wall like the original is, or did you get the AS1488 which is for a 1/4" wall?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #60

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
I got the bad news email today, no drivers side left. So I went with all passenger side.
RICK H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul, windows