new to this - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
new to this

We've spent a few years looking for a fiberglass orb and finally found one within our budget a few weeks ago. We purchased a '74 Trillium in decent, restorable and custom able shape. Will be cutting out a lot of the fiberglass cabinets and replacing them with wooden millwork (might add we worked in RV plants in Lethbridge in the 80's so no strangers to manufacturing methods) I am a cabinet maker by trade. Have concerns/questions about insulated fabric, coming off the shell here and there, and after scraping some off on the inside of the closet before removal would appreciate any information on how to re-glue areas that have come un-bonded from the shell.
Thanks so much
Jim and Claire
Lethbridge Alberta
roadeater1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Jim those fiberglass cabinets in a trillium are part of the structural integrity of a trillium and should be carefully replaced
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:43 AM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Thanks Mike,
I agree with what you're telling me, I'm removing the closet and galley cabinets but leaving enough in to act as ribs the bunks will be painted.
Cheers
roadeater1950 is offline   Reply With Quote