New WEN generator question - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #61

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Hey Carl.
Thank you so much for the lecture about how I should feel when having my planned camp out ruined by a loud generator.
Although, it sounds more like you are trying very hard to assure yourself people don’t hate generators. Please disclose your mind reading trick to the rest of us.
You can rationalize all you want. Just as you said I can’t control other campers behavior, you cannot control the fact that I HATE generators in campgrounds. I am 100% certain I am not alone feeling this way. But please, go on telling yourself, “it’s not me, it’s you”
Old 07-30-2020, 06:04 PM   #62

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Relax.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:14 PM   #63

Washington
Are you going to tell me I should smile more?
Old 07-30-2020, 06:59 PM   #64

Washington
Carl, donít send nasty mean emails by private message. If you are going to act like a 12 year old bully, do it so everyone can see the real you.
Bye.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:54 PM   #65

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Red face

Thought I made my views on generators clear in the first few posts, sooo ....Will you guys please do your venting somewhere else, before the forum police close this line down?

All I'm really hoping for on this one is more honest admiration for my wonderful how-to videos.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:57 PM   #66
CPW

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeN View Post
Carl, don’t send nasty mean emails by private message. If you are going to act like a 12 year old bully, do it so everyone can see the real you.
Bye.
Just so everyone can see the “nasty mean email by private message” that I sent to Renee and see the real me, the following is what I sent to her because I felt it wasn’t appropriate to keep debating her complaints about another camper with a generator.

“Renee, Get a life. I’m not going to fence with you. I can’t read minds. You are not alone in disliking generators but you need to learn to deal with it. And finally, I feel sorry for you. You sound like a bitter, unhappy person.”

I therefore will defer to FGRV Members to judge if the accusation that I am acting like a 12 year old bully is justified or is irrational ranting. And I will say no more, Myron. You did good work.
CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #67

New Mexico
Registry
After following Easy Start final instructions to run the ac on and off briefly 5-8 times using shore power, to get it to "learn" my air conditioner, waited a day. Now turned on the Wen to see what happens to it when running the ac. Of course, runs everything great. Compressor kicks in more quickly.

Question is, what about now using the ac on Wen "eco" mode. Considerably quieter but less power. Switched Wen to eco. AC continued to run.

I did not, however, jack up the cooling from it's base normal. Guess we're good, certainly good enough, if ever we need to be. Expect that won't be happening any time soon.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:20 PM   #68

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Going down hill? Leave the generator!

Myron,

Somehow I just came across your posts of last year regarding converting your generator to high altitude operation. Since you live at a 6,000-foot altitude and will operate it mostly at the height, the conversion makes sense.

However, DO NOT use the generator at low altitudes, especially Death Valley, without switching back to the original orifice. The lean gas mixture will damage the engine in short order.

The occasional use of generators with original orifices at high altitudes is no big deal and you donít need to make the conversion. There will be some loss of power and perhaps some slight fouling of plugs if used long enough, but no damage. On the other hand, running a generator at low elevations that has been adapted to high elevations will damage the engine.

So when you go to elevations more common to the rest of the country, leave the generator at home.
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #69

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
sounds like we need fuel injection in our generators EFI systems automatically adapt to altitudes via adjusting the injection duration according to the air density.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:05 PM   #70

New Mexico
Registry
Thanks for the heads up, Scamper Jim. That orifice change out is a pain in a butt-- at least now I know how to do it. Fortunately no plans for Death Valley in my future. With AC out there --having no gen would be death. In months ahead might be looking at Quartzsite.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:12 PM   #71

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Scamper Jim. That orifice change out is a pain in a butt-- at least now I know how to do it. Fortunately no plans for Death Valley in my future. With AC out there --having no gen would be death. In months ahead might be looking at Quartzsite.

been to quartzite several times by march everyone has bailed out! they must know something the rest of us doesn't know like high temps and I wouldn't attempt to a/c a camper there at all!
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:22 PM   #72

New Mexico
Registry
Quartzsite elevation under 900 feet. At least the good news is--If I go when it's hot I can set up in the Dome Rock BLM area and be a half mile from nearest neighbor.

Ah, to be alone again!
Attached Thumbnails
QtzR2019133.jpg  
Old 01-19-2021, 08:41 PM   #73

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
sounds like we need fuel injection in our generators EFI systems automatically adapt to altitudes via adjusting the injection duration according to the air density.
Still lose the peak power, though. Unless you add a turbo. Hah, I wonder if those eBay electric superchargers move enough air for a little 120cc motor...
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator