New Windows? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: TrailsWest Campster
California
New Windows?

Good morning,

I have recently purchased a 1971 TrailsWest Campster that I am doing a frame up restoration on. I have completed a new frame and I am getting ready to start on the inside. Unfortunately, the windows are cracked and the seals are shot. I have been searching the internet and local dealers for new windows for the unit. I am at a loss right now because I have been unable to find replacements. The windows are 48"x 20" and one the is 36"x 20". Does anyone know where I can find them? I would appreciate any help that you might be able to provide.

Jason
JPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #2

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I just replaced the glass in two windows at a shop that does tempered glass. I didn't need to replace the window frames. can you do pictures ? are the frames intact ?

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:21 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Go to Google and search for RV Salvage Yard. There are RV salvage yards spread all over the country.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #4

Name: Jason
Trailer: TrailsWest Campster
California
Thank you for the help. Kenny, to answer your question, the frames are molded and broken. I has thought about getting the aluminum tig welded but thought it would be easier to simply replace instead of patch together.
JPace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows