We have tinted glass on the RV and self installed silver film on the TV.
Tinted glass pros:
- It is nice in the sun for seeing as well as preventing fading of things inside.
- Tinted glass does afford some measure of privacy during the day, but we have day/night shades for that.
- Tinting film is not as clear for looking through as tinted glass.
Tinted glass cons:
- At night, when you hear a strange noise outside, and look through the window, you can't see a thing.
I think I would not have tint because:
- It is easy enough to purchase tinting film, black or silver, and install it yourself because the windows are flat. Curved (convex) windows are a bear!
- If you put on your own window tinting, you can put it on some windows or partially on the window, leaving a convienient section untinted for seeing out.
- Without tint, you can add it or not. If you have it, you have it and can't remove it. I think the silver would reflect more heat/light than dark glass.
If I think of anything else, I will add it if my editing privledges are still extant.